april 6-8th 2018 | 2 day
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to not get a 3pm energy slump? Have you ever wanted to make your own raw chocolate but not known where to start? Or maybe you’ve always wanted to know more about creating healthy eating habits but haven’t been in the right space? Over the years our guests have asked us to create a weekend involving cooking and nutrition, sharing our healthy eating tips and knowledge and of course our recipes. So here you have it The Zest Life Eat retreat.
2018 finds us teaming up with the wonderfully talented Maria “The Diet Therapist”, (find her on Instagram and start being inspired) who will be sharing all of her wisdom and expertise on this much awaited retreat.
Experience and enjoy
- Informal nutritional sessions on how the food you eat can influence your body in relation to your stress, hormones and energy levels.
- Learning practical tips on how to take your new found diet knowledge into your every day life, so that you establish healthy, and most importantly, sustainable eating habits.
- An individual consultation with our nutritional therapist to create a tailor made health plan to support optimum health and wellbeing.
- Getting involved with an interactive raw food cooking demonstration, experimenting with raw chocolate and energy balls.
- Rejuvinating yoga and meditation sessions themed to the blossoming time of year, opening you up to Spring and a more positive way of thinking.
- Leisurely countryside walks around stunning gardens and parkland with waterfalls, rivers and hideaway private spaces.
- Time just for you, whether it’s a full body massage, a good read or to simply sit and be.
This retreat will lead you on a fun and interactive journey into the fascinating world of nutrition and raw food cooking. But most importantly you will learn more about your world of diet, food and wellbeing and what that relationship means to you. Come and join us for a weekend of inspired learning and play.
During the retreat you will stay at a stylish, secluded country house on the Isle of Anglesey, nestled in 21 acres of private parkland, which gathers together for your pleasure; stunning views over Mount Snowdon, a meandering river, magical waterfalls, world renowned historic gardens, lazy meadows, mature woodland and a new oak framed building perfect for yoga sessions. Described as one of the most amazing retreats on the Isle of Anglesey.
The Coach house is the largest property on the Plas Cadnant estate, accommodating up to 11 guests on two spacious floors with an impressive upstairs dining /sitting room with large wood burning stove. By night, candles, incense and log fires create the perfect atmosphere for complete relaxation. Its wonderfully comfortable beds, crisp white linen,, fresh flowers, views over rolling parkland and piping hot power showers all make up the luxury and style of your weekend at this stunning country house.
The Yoga Space
Stroll through the walled garden, and majestic wooden gates to the purpose built oak framed building completed in 2012. The combination of lovingly hand crafted oak beams, high ceilings and under floor heating, make it the ideal space for yoga and mediation practice. With the peace and tranquility of the surrounding parkland, it is your sanctuary from the outside world. We are not shy of a little alfresco yoga, so be prepared when the sun is shining, to get practising your yoga outside.
Maria is a qualified Nutritional Therapist who takes a functional, evidence-based approach to applied nutrition. She graduated with a Distinction from the Institute for Optimum Nutrition, (ION), and now offers one-to-one nutrition consultations in London. She also writes on health and wellness for a variety of digital and print publications, runs corporate wellness programs and workshops, and offers brand advisory for a range of health companies and food retail outlets. She will be leading a variety of sessions with suggested topics such as how your diet can influence your biochemistry in relation to stress/hormones/energy balance and how you can incorporate that learning into your daily life.
We are passionate about healthy eating here at The Zest Life, and we make it an integral part of our retreats, with an emphasis on wholesome and nourishing meals. On this nutrition retreat you will be enjoying the edible delights from our raw food cooking demonstration sessions along with our divine vegetarian creations. Our food is made without sugar or dairy products where possible and without wheat and gluten where required. We offer beautiful Pukka and fresh herbal teas for you to choose from over the course of the weekend and we encourage a no alcohol policy on this weekend.
Indulge in a body treatment with one on our expertly trained in house therapists. We offer Reiki, Massage, Full Swedish Body, Indian Head, Back, neck and shoulders and Reflexology. All using organic therapeutic oils to ease away your stresses and strains. £40 for a forty minute treatment. Go to our team for further information on the therapists.
Plas Cadnant, Cadnant Rd, Menai Bridge, Gwynedd, LL59 5NH. Our retreat is easily accessible by both train and car.
The nearest station is Bangor with direct train links to London, taking just 3 hours from London Euston. Plas Cadnant is situated a short 5 min taxi ride from the station.
Local taxi firms: 01248 353535 / 01248 364661
Recommended train times:
Leaving London Euston [EUS] Friday 13.10 Arriving Bangor [BNG] 16.48
Leaving Bangor [BNG] Monday 12.00 Arriving London Euston [EUS] 15.39
From A55 Expressway Mainland
- Cross over the Britannia Bridge and take the first slip road, immediately after crossing bridge.
- Turn right at T junction (A4080) taking you back under the expressway towards Menai Bridge and Beaumaris.
- At the roundabout go straight across (2nd exit) and downhill into the centre of Menai Bridge.
- Turn left at the main road towards Beaumaris (A545), through Menai Bridge town until you see a new road bridge ahead.
- Turn left at the lay-by (with white lines on it) just before the bridge and Plas Cadnant Estate entrance is 50m on the left.
- When you arrive at Plas Cadnant , make your way up the long leafy drive to the central graveled courtyard.
- The Coach House is the first big house on the left. There is plenty of parking.
Price per person & Booking
£445 Twin room | Shared occupancy
£490 Single room | Single occupancy
£445 Double room | Shared occupancy
£590 Double room | Single occupancy
- Two nights luxury accommodation with shared bathroom.
- Four yoga and meditation sessions .
- Three nutrition and wellness talks
- Two interactive raw food cooking sessions
- Cooking materials, ingredients and recipe handouts.
- One 50 minute individual nutritional therapy consultation
- One tailor made health optimization plan
- Yoga equipment use – mats/blocks/props.
- Wholesome and vegetarian – breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Unlimited fruit, organic teas, coffee and fruit water.
- Unlimited access to the 21 acres of stunning garden and grounds at Plas Cadnant with its river and plunge pool.
- Plas Cadnant is extremely comfortable and all rooms are finished to a very high standard. Linen, towels and toiletries are provided.
- The friendly host service of the team at the retreat throughout your stay.
We know this will be a popular retreat and with limited places we advise you to book early to avoid disappointment.