october 5th-7th 2018 | 2 day
New for 2018, we have for your pleasure the hedgerow harvest – yoga and foraging weekend. Autumn is the most spectacular time of year for foraging. The summer flowers have turned to fruits and the hedgerows are laden with berries for you to harvest. We believe that one of the greatest ways you can de-stress and find peace and joy, is through your connection back to nature. And what better way to do it than roaming the beautiful countryside, on a bright, crisp Autumn morning gathering baskets of berries for all to enjoy.
Experience and enjoy
- Stunning guided foraging walks through the welsh countryside.
- Learning about the many different hedgerow plants, how to identify them, their folklore and their myriad of uses.
- Sampling an array of hedgerow culinary delights and herbal medicines, from pine tea to elderberry cough syrup.
- Gathering and taking home your own delicious harvest from the hedgerow.
- Rejuvinating yoga and meditation sessions both morning and evening, that will calm and restore your body and mind.
- Strolling through the world renowned hidden gardens of Plas Cadnant, finding quiet places to sit and relax.
- Having time just for you, whether it’s a full body massage or curling up by the open fire with a good read.
This retreat is an inspiring, interactive, informal weekend, that on your return home, will have exploring your local countryside and leaping into the hedgerows. Share your new fund knowledge with family and friends and make this Autumn a feast to remember.
Our weekends take place at Plas Cadnant. A stylish, secluded country house on the Isle of Anglesey, nestled in 21 acres of private parkland, which gathers together for your pleasure; stunning views over Mount Snowdon, a meandering river, magical waterfalls, world renowned historic gardens, lazy meadows, mature woodland and a new oak framed building perfect for yoga sessions. Described as one of the most amazing retreats on the Isle of Anglesey.
The Coach house is the largest property on the Plas Cadnant estate, accommodating up to 11 guests on two spacious floors with an impressive upstairs dining /sitting room with large wood burning stove. By night, candles, incense and log fires create the perfect atmosphere for complete relaxation. Its wonderfully comfortable beds, crisp white linen, fresh flowers, views over rolling parkland and piping hot power showers all make up the luxury and style of your weekend at this stunning country house.
Each day you will be guided on a leisurely two hour walk through the beautiful Welsh countryside. You will forage as you go, gathering as much of a harvest as you can carry, stopping off at various places and points of interest to learn about the different flora and fauna, Dave, with his twenty years of experience and his in-depth knowledge of local history and folklore, makes for a wonderful guide. By the end of the weekend you will be brimming with confidence in what can and cannot be harvested, how much to pick, where to find certain fruits and what equipment is needed.
The Yoga Space
Stroll through the walled garden, and majestic wooden gates to the purpose built oak framed building completed in 2012. The combination of lovingly hand crafted oak beams, high ceilings and under floor heating, make it the ideal space for yoga and mediation practice. With the peace and tranquility of the surrounding parkland, it is your sanctuary from the outside world.
We are passionate about healthy eating here at The Zest Life and we make it and integral part of our Autumn Recharge retreat, with a menu that is focused on warmth, nourishment and of course foraged foods. Our meals are always vegetarian, made without sugar or dairy products, and low in wheat and gluten where required. We offer beautiful Pukka and fresh herbal teas for you to choose from and with three full meals a day, fruit and healthy treats in the afternoon, you are sure to feel nourished.
Indulge in a body treatment with one on our expertly trained in house therapists. We offer Reiki, Massage, Full Swedish Body, Indian Head, Back, neck and shoulders and Reflexology. All using organic therapeutic oils to ease away your stresses and strains. £40 for a forty minute treatment. Go to our team for further information on the therapists.
Plas Cadnant, Cadnant Rd, Menai Bridge, Gwynedd, LL59 5NH. Our retreat is easily accessible by both train and car.
The nearest station is Bangor with direct train links to London, taking just 3 hours from London Euston. Plas Cadnant is situated a short 5 min taxi ride from the station.
Local taxi firms: 01248 353535 / 01248 364661
Recommended train times:
Leaving London Euston [EUS] Friday 13.10 Arriving Bangor [BNG] 16.48
Leaving Bangor [BNG] Monday 12.00 Arriving London Euston [EUS] 15.39
From A55 Expressway Mainland
- Cross over the Britannia Bridge and take the first slip road, immediately after crossing bridge.
- Turn right at T junction (A4080) taking you back under the expressway towards Menai Bridge and Beaumaris.
- At the roundabout go straight across (2nd exit) and downhill into the centre of Menai Bridge.
- Turn left at the main road towards Beaumaris (A545), through Menai Bridge town until you see a new road bridge ahead.
- Turn left at the lay-by (with white lines on it) just before the bridge and Plas Cadnant Estate entrance is 50m on the left.
- The sat nav will take you to this point.
- When you arrive at Plas Cadnant , make your way up the long leafy drive always bearing left to the central graveled courtyard. The Coach House is the first big house on the left. There is plenty of parking.
Price per person & Booking
£405 Twin room | Shared occupancy
£445 Single room | Single occupancy
£405 Double room | Shared occupancy
£545 Double room | Single occupancy
- Two nights luxury accommodation with shared bathroom.
- Four yoga and meditation sessions.
- Two guided countryside foraging walks
- Equipment and materials required for foraging.
- Recipe handouts.
- Yoga equipment use – mats/blocks/props.
- Wholesome and vegetarian – breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Unlimited fruit, organic teas, coffee and fruit water.
- Unlimited access to the 21 acres of stunning garden and grounds at Plas Cadnant, with its river and plunge pool.
- Plas Cadnant is extremely comfortable and all rooms are finished to a very high standard. Linen, towels and toiletries are provided.
- The friendly host service of the team at the retreat throughout your stay.
We know this will be a popular retreat and with limited places we advise you to book early to avoid disappointment.
If you have any further queries about the retreat please see our FAQ’S page or contact Laura on 07989 512859 / email firstname.lastname@example.org