It’s with great joy and excitement that we invite you to join us on our Pure yoga retreat, a total immersion into all things yoga. As you can imagine, here at the zest life we love yoga. So we have a created a retreat that brings together for your pleasure so many aspects to living a more holistic, happy yoga way of life. When it’s cold and dark outside, what better way to spend a winters’ retreat, than taking time out just for you, immersing yourself in yoga with two of our fantastic teachers.
Experience and enjoy
- In-depth yoga classes of various styles, giving you quality time to reconnect with your personal practise.
- Informal yoga workshops with detailed instruction that will explore certain areas of practise.
- Learning traditional cleansing techniques, helping your body to feel cleansed and pure.
- Self – study, and journaling time for some reflective time.
- Time all to yourself for you to recharge in stunning world renowned gardens
- Relaxing and restorative yoga nidra sessions to calm and restore
- The beauty of a soothing gong bath – think of it like a sound massage for your mind and body
- Light hearted yoga philosophy sessions round the open fire
- Sleeping soundly after a quiet evenings guided meditation
Whatever your yoga goal is that you want to pursue for 2021 – be it mental, emotional or physical – this retreat will give you valuable tools that you can keep and use, on and off the mat, to help you achieve that.
This retreat is not suitable for complete beginners.
The LocationOur retreats take place at Plas Cadnant. A stylish, secluded country house on the Isle of Anglesey, nestled in 21 acres of private parkland, which gathers together for your pleasure; stunning views over Snowdon, a meandering river, magical waterfalls, world renowned historic gardens, lazy meadows, mature woodland and a new oak framed building perfect for yoga sessions. Described as “one of the most amazing retreats on the Isle of Anglesey”.
The AccommodationThe Coach house is the largest property on the Plas Cadnant estate, accommodating up to 11 guests on two spacious floors with an impressive upstairs dining /sitting room with large wood burning stove. By night, candles, incense and log fires create the perfect atmosphere for complete relaxation. Its wonderfully comfortable beds, crisp white linen, fresh flowers, views over rolling parkland and piping hot power showers all make up the luxury and style of your retreat at this stunning country house.
The Wellness ActivitiesBesides experiencing many different styles of yoga there will be a number of wellness activities for you to try, basically activities to help your mind and body feel great. There will be a session on yogic cleansing techniques such as Jali Neti, nasal cleansing, which is designed as a daily practise to help rid the body of toxins. There will also be time for deep tissue massages and restorative reflexology, followed by therapeutic nature walks through the historic gardens. Or how about taking some time to calm and declutter your mind with mindful colouring and personal journaling by the fireside.
The Yoga SpaceStroll through the walled garden, and majestic wooden gates to the purpose built oak framed building completed in 2012. The combination of lovingly hand crafted oak beams, high ceilings and under floor heating, make it the ideal space for yoga and mediation practice. With the peace and tranquility of the surrounding parkland, it is your sanctuary from the outside world.
The FoodWe are passionate about healthy eating here at The Zest Life and we make it an integral part of our retreats, with a menu that is focused on warmth, nourishment and of course foraged foods. Our plant based meals are always vegetarian, made without sugar or dairy products, and low in wheat and gluten where required. We offer beautiful Pukka and fresh herbal teas for you to choose from and with three full meals a day, fruit and healthy treats in the afternoon, you are sure to feel nourished.
Holistic TreatmentsThere will be plenty of time to indulge in a body treatment or two with one on our superb in house therapists. We offer a range of massage treatments, using organic therapeutic oils to ease away your stresses and strains. £60 for 45 minute treatment. Go to our team for further information on the therapists.
Yoga Teacher – Claire RileyFor Claire yoga has been a lifelong passion. She has been practising for more than 40 years and has studied with many inspiring teachers in many different styles. She qualified to teach at Camyoga in Cambridge in 2015. Her regular style of yoga is Hatha Flow. Each of her classes are carefully sequenced to safely align, stretch and strengthen the entire body on a physical level and to release tensions, emotional blockages and encourage the flow of energy on a subtle level. Expect a fairly intense experience but you are never pushed beyond your own limits. She gives modifications and progressions as required to suit your individual needs.
Yoga Teacher – Kate Hamilton-HunterExperiencing one of Kate’s yoga classes is a perfect opportunity to find the balance that you need in life. Kate Hamilton-Hunter has been teaching since 2013. She began studying Hatha yoga and then trained in Dru Yoga, which is a more flowing style of yoga. Kate responds to the different needs of the group and accommodates all levels of yoga experience in her classes. Kate’s morning classes are more dynamic and energising, setting you up for the days activity. The evening classes will have a more restorative focus, with time for meditation, setting intentions and long nurturing relaxations. You will feel restored and revitalised from this retreats yoga sessions.
Plas Cadnant, Cadnant Rd, Menai Bridge, Gwynedd, LL59 5NH. Our retreat is easily accessible by both train and car.
The nearest station is Bangor with direct train links to London, taking just 3 hours from London Euston. Plas Cadnant is situated a short 5 min taxi ride from the station. Local taxi firms: 01248 353535 / 01248 364661
From A55 Expressway Mainland
- Cross over the Britannia Bridge and take the first slip road, immediately after crossing bridge.
- Turn right at T junction (A4080) taking you back under the expressway towards Menai Bridge and Beaumaris.
- At the roundabout go straight across (2nd exit) and downhill into the centre of Menai Bridge.
- Turn left at the main road towards Beaumaris (A545), through Menai Bridge town until you see a new road bridge ahead.
- Turn left at the lay-by (with white lines on it) just before the bridge and Plas Cadnant Estate entrance is 50m on the left. The sat nav will take you to this point.
- When you arrive at Plas Cadnant , make your way up the long leafy drive always bearing left to the central graveled courtyard. The Coach House is the first big house on the left. There is plenty of parking.
Price per person (including VAT) & Booking
£546.00 Twin room | Shared occupancy
£588.00 Single room | Single occupancy
£546.00 Double room | Shared occupancy
£720.00 Double room | Single occupancy
- Two nights luxury accommodation with shared bathroom.
- Six yoga sessions.
- Four meditation sessions.
- Two relaxation sessions.
- One hour Gong bath.
- Yoga equipment use – mats/blocks/props.
- Wholesome and vegetarian – breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Unlimited fruit, teas, coffee and fruit water.
- Unlimited access to the 21 acres of stunning garden and grounds at Plas Cadnant with its river and plunge pool.
- Plas Cadnant is extremely comfortable and all rooms are finished to a very high standard. Linen, towels and toiletries are provided.
- The friendly host service of the team at the retreat throughout your stay.
- FREE Jali Neti cleansing bottle.
We know this wellbeing retreat will be very popular so please book early to avoid disappointment.
|February 4th – 6th||Claire Riley & Kate Hamilton-Hunter||Book|
|February 11th – 13th||Claire Riley & Kate Hamilton-Hunter||Book|