january 26th-28th & february 23th-25th | 2 day
It’s with great joy and excitement that we invite you to join us on our Pure yoga retreat, a total immersion into all things yoga. As you can imagine, here at the zest life we love yoga. So we have a created a retreat that brings together for your pleasure so many aspects to living a more holistic, happy yoga way of life. When it’s cold and dark outside, what better way to spend a winters’ weekend, than taking time out just for you, immersing yourself in yoga with two of our fantastic teachers.
Experience and enjoy
- In-depth yoga classes of various styles, giving you quality time to reconnect with your personal practise.
- Informal yoga workshops with detailed instruction that will explore certain areas of practise.
- Learning traditional cleansing techniques, helping your body to feel cleansed and pure.
- Self – study, and journaling time for some reflective time.
- Time all to yourself for you to recharge in stunning world renowned gardens
- Relaxing and restorative yoga nidra sessions to calm and restore
- The beauty of a soothing gong bath – think of it like a sound massage for your mind and body
- Light hearted yoga philosophy sessions round the open fire
- Sleeping soundly after a quiet evenings guided meditation
Everyone, of every yoga ability is welcome on this all new retreat. So whatever your yoga goal is that you want to pursue for 2018 – be it mental, emotional or physical – this luxury retreat give you valuable tools that you can keep and use on and off the mat.
Our weekends take place at Plas Cadnant. A stylish, secluded country house on the Isle of Anglesey, nestled in 21 acres of private parkland, which gathers together for your pleasure; stunning views over Mount Snowdon, a meandering river, magical waterfalls, world renowned historic gardens, lazy meadows, mature woodland and a new oak framed building perfect for yoga sessions. Described as one of the most amazing retreats on the Isle of Anglesey.
The Coach house is the largest property on the Plas Cadnant estate, accommodating up to 11 guests on two spacious floors with an impressive upstairs dining /sitting room with large wood burning stove. By night, candles, incense and log fires create the perfect atmosphere for complete relaxation. Its wonderfully comfortable beds, crisp white linen, fresh flowers, views over rolling parkland and piping hot power showers all make up the luxury and style of your weekend at this stunning country house.
The Wellness Activities
Besides experiencing many different styles of yoga there will be a number of wellness activities for you to try, basically activities to help your mind and body feel great. There will be a session on yogic cleansing techniques such as Jali Neti, nasal cleansing, which is designed as a daily practise to help rid the body of toxins. There will also be time for deep tissue massages and restorative reflexology, followed by therapeutic nature walks through the historic gardens. Or how about taking some time to calm and declutter your mind with mindful colouring and personal journaling by the fireside.
The Yoga Space
Stroll through the walled garden, and majestic wooden gates to the purpose built oak framed building completed in 2012. The combination of lovingly hand crafted oak beams, high ceilings and under floor heating, make it the ideal space for yoga and mediation practice. With the peace and tranquility of the surrounding parkland, it is your sanctuary from the outside world.
We are passionate about healthy eating here at The Zest Life and we make it and integral part of our Autumn Recharge retreat, with a menu that is focused on warmth, nourishment and of course foraged foods. Our meals are always vegetarian, made without sugar or dairy products, and low in wheat and gluten where required. We offer beautiful Pukka and fresh herbal teas for you to choose from and with three full meals a day, fruit and healthy treats in the afternoon, you are sure to feel nourished.
Indulge in a body treatment with one on our expertly trained in house therapists. We offer Reiki, Massage, Full Swedish Body, Indian Head, Back, neck and shoulders and Reflexology. All using organic therapeutic oils to ease away your stresses and strains. £40 for a forty minute treatment. Go to our team for further information on the therapists.
Plas Cadnant, Cadnant Rd, Menai Bridge, Gwynedd, LL59 5NH. Our retreat is easily accessible by both train and car.
The nearest station is Bangor with direct train links to London, taking just 3 hours from London Euston. Plas Cadnant is situated a short 5 min taxi ride from the station.
Local taxi firms: 01248 353535 / 01248 364661
Recommended train times:
Leaving London Euston [EUS] Friday 13.10 Arriving Bangor [BNG] 16.48
- From A55 Expressway Mainland
- Cross over the Britannia Bridge and take the first slip road, immediately after crossing bridge.
- Turn right at T junction (A4080) taking you back under the expressway towards Menai Bridge and Beaumaris.
- At the roundabout go straight across (2nd exit) and downhill into the centre of Menai Bridge.
- Turn left at the main road towards Beaumaris (A545), through Menai Bridge town until you see a new road bridge ahead.
- Turn left at the lay-by (with white lines on it) just before the bridge and Plas Cadnant Estate entrance is 50m on the left.
- The sat nav will take you to this point.
- When you arrive at Plas Cadnant , make your way up the long leafy drive always bearing left to the central graveled courtyard. The Coach House is the first big house on the left. There is plenty of parking.
Price per person & Booking
£405 Twin room | Shared occupancy
£445 Single room | Single occupancy
£405 Double room | Shared occupancy
£545 Double room | Single occupancy
- Two nights luxury accommodation with shared bathroom.
- Six yoga sessions.
- Four meditation sessions.
- Two relaxation sessions.
- One hour Gong bath.
- Yoga equipment use – mats/blocks/props.
- Wholesome and vegetarian – breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Unlimited fruit, teas, coffee and fruit water.
- Unlimited access to the 21 acres of stunning garden and grounds at Plas Cadnant with its river and plunge pool.
- Plas Cadnant is extremely comfortable and all rooms are finished to a very high standard. Linen, towels and toiletries are provided.
- The friendly host service of the team at the retreat throughout your stay.
- FREE Jali Neti cleansing bottle.
We know this new wellbeing weekend will be very, popular so please book early to avoid disappointment.
January 26th-28th February 23rd-25th