january 12th – 14th & february 9th – 11th 2018 | 2 day
We all know that January can leave you feeling a little heavier than you’d like and sometimes life needs a little shake up as you look to the year ahead. This retreat has been created to give you the tools you need to reshape not just your body but your mind too. Start to feel inspired about your daily yoga practise and exercise routine, get motivated to eat well and be positive about your hopes, dreams and aspirations for the future.
Experience and enjoy
Waking up to restorative yoga and meditation sessions
Establishing healthy, sustainable fitness habits
Conditioning your whole body in pilates sessions
Running across open beaches and learning new running techniques from a former British coach
Blowing away old cobwebs with brisk coastal walks
Time for self study and reflection, creating mood boards and goal setting for the year ahead.
Full body massage to ease away aches and pains
Relaxing by the warm open fire with a good book.
Laura, our light hearted, instinctive yoga teacher will be leading this new wellbeing retreat for 2018. It is an in-depth, yet fun retreat that will pull together many aspects of your life, leaving you feeling fabulous, strong, and assertive. We want you to feel fantastic about life.
“A really lovely weekend which sought to cater for all levels of fitness. I would highly recommend this retreat to anyone wishing to feel better about themselves” Elin, Bristol
Our weekends take place at Plas Cadnant. A stylish, secluded country house on the Isle of Anglesey, nestled in 21 acres of private parkland, which gathers together for your pleasure; stunning views over Snowdon, a meandering river, magical waterfalls, world renowned historic gardens, lazy meadows, mature woodland and a new oak framed building perfect for yoga sessions. Described as one of the most amazing retreats on the Isle of Anglesey.
The Coach house is the largest property on the Plas Cadnant estate, accommodating up to 11 guests on two spacious floors with an impressive upstairs dining /sitting room with large wood burning stove. By night, candles, incense and log fires create the perfect atmosphere for complete relaxation. Its wonderfully comfortable beds, crisp white linen on deep down duvets, fresh flowers, views over rolling parkland and piping hot power showers all make up the luxury and style of your weekend at this stunning country house.
The Yoga Space
Stroll through the walled garden, and majestic wooden gates to the purpose built oak framed building completed in 2012. The combination of lovingly hand crafted oak beams, high ceilings and under floor heating, make it the ideal space for yoga and mediation practice. With the peace and tranquility of the surrounding parkland, it is your sanctuary from the outside world.
We are passionate about healthy eating here at The Zest Life, and we make it an integral part of our retreats, with an emphasis on wholesome and nourishing meals. Our food is made without sugar or dairy products where possible and without wheat and gluten where required. We offer beautiful Pukka and fresh herbal teas for you to choose from over the course of the weekend and we encourage a no alcohol policy on this weekend.
Yoga & Fitness Sessions
The days will be spent reshaping your body with a couple of invigorating beach running sessions where you will be coached in small groups, followed by fun and active yoga and pilates classes. There will be an element of challenge to all the sessions but there will always be modifications making this retreat suitable for all levels. By the evening you will be ready to sit down and get creative with your mood board creations.
Indulge in a body treatment with one on our expertly trained in house therapists. We offer Reiki, Massage, Full Swedish Body, Indian Head, Back, neck and shoulders and Reflexology. All using organic therapeutic oils to ease away your stresses and strains. £40 for a forty minute. Go to your retreat team for further information on the therapists.
Plas Cadnant, Cadnant Rd, Menai Bridge, Gwynedd, LL59 5NH. Our retreat is easily accessible by both train and car.
The nearest station is Bangor with direct train links to London, taking just 3 hours from London Euston. Plas Cadnant is situated a short 5 min taxi ride from the station.
Local taxi firms: 01248 353535 / 01248 364661
Recommended train times:
Leaving London Euston [EUS] Friday 13.10 Arriving Bangor [BNG] 16.48
Leaving Bangor [BNG] Monday 12.00 Arriving London Euston [EUS] 15.39
From A55 Expressway Mainland
- Cross over the Britannia Bridge and take the first slip road, immediately after crossing bridge.
- Turn right at T junction (A4080) taking you back under the expressway towards Menai Bridge and Beaumaris.
- At the roundabout go straight across (2nd exit) and downhill into the centre of Menai Bridge.
- Turn left at the main road towards Beaumaris (A545), through Menai Bridge town until you see a new road bridge ahead.
- Turn left at the lay-by (with white lines on it) just before the bridge and Plas Cadnant Estate entrance is 50m on the left. The sat nav will take you to this point.
- When you arrive at Plas Cadnant , make your way up the long leafy drive always bearing left to the central graveled courtyard. The Coach House is the first big house on the left. There is plenty of parking.
Price per person & Booking
£405 Twin room | Shared Occupancy
£445 Single room | Single occupancy
£405 Double room | Shared occupancy
£545 Double room | Single occupancy
- Two nights luxury accommodation with shared bathroom
- Four yoga and meditation sessions – mats/blocks/props included
- Two pilates sessions.
- Two running coaching sessions
- Two guided walks
- Yoga equipment use – mats/blocks/props.
- Wholesome and vegetarian – breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Unlimited fruit, organic teas, coffee and fruit water.
- Plas Cadnant is extremely comfortable and all rooms are finished to a very high standard. Linen and towels are provided.
- The friendly host service of the team at the retreat throughout your stay.
Last year our new year fitness retreats, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
January 12th – 14th February 9th – 11th