We are so excited about our 5 day SUP retreat, new for 2022. Bringing together our love of yoga and our new love, stand up paddle boarding. Come and join us for a memorable active retreat, where you will get to experience and enjoy:
- Breathtaking scenery where you can walk, swim, and play (sometimes with seals) till your hearts content.
- Stand Up Paddle boarding (SUP) on one of Wales’ most glorious stretches of coastline.
- Diving into crisp, cool, tranquil, waters then warming up with herbal teas and delicious cake.
- Luxury accommodation in a stunning converted barn.
- Sitting back, relaxing with time for a good book or a heavenly massage.
- Inspiring yoga sessions to ease out the aches of the day.
This retreat is for those of you who wish to escape from busy life and experience a breathtaking part of Wales from the water. Be prepared to have fun and to be inspired, as you learn new skills, immersing your self in our positive, vibrant way of life.
“This is a retreat for everyone, where no previous experience of yoga or stand up paddling is required. It’s a truly relaxing and fun retreat. We had just the best weekend.”Sophie, Bristol
The LocationOur retreats take place at Plas Cadnant. A stylish, secluded country house on the Isle of Anglesey, nestled in 21 acres of private parkland, which gathers together for your pleasure; stunning views over Snowdon, a meandering river, magical waterfalls, world renowned historic gardens, lazy meadows, mature woodland and a new oak framed building perfect for yoga sessions. Described as “one of the most amazing retreats on the Isle of Anglesey”.
The AccommodationThe Coach house is the largest property on the Plas Cadnant estate, accommodating up to 11 guests on two spacious floors with an impressive upstairs dining /sitting room with large wood burning stove. By night, candles, incense and log fires create the perfect atmosphere for complete relaxation. Its wonderfully comfortable beds, crisp white linen, fresh flowers, views over rolling parkland and piping hot power showers all make up the luxury and style of your retreat at this stunning country house.
The Yoga SpaceStroll through the walled garden, and majestic wooden gates to the purpose built oak framed building completed in 2012. The combination of lovingly hand crafted oak beams, high ceilings and under floor heating, make it the ideal space for yoga and mediation practice. With the peace and tranquility of the surrounding parkland, it is your sanctuary from the outside world.
The Stand Up PaddlingWe are spoilt for choice here in North Wales with so many divine beaches and spectacular lakes to play in. We will take you to the most stunning locations, lakes and coastal, where you will be amazed at the natural beauty, the peace and the quiet. The SUP sessions will take place at Newborough beach, an outstretch of beach looking across to the Snowdonian range, nestled alongside Llandwyn Island where there are many more gorgeous beaches and coves to explore, with an array of wildlife to admire. We offer small group tuition with a 1 : 5 instructor to student ratio. Go to our team to read more about Sian, our fabulous SUP teacher.
The FoodHealthy eating is an integral part of our retreats here at The Zest Life. This invigorating retreat requires a lot of fuel, which we provide with our delicious plant based vegetarian menu. You will be greeted with wholesome flapjacks and tea post swim, then it's back to the house for warming lunches of soups and dips, and a divine two course meal in the evening. Pukka and fresh herbal teas are a plenty, along with a selection of fresh fruit and healthy cakes. We try to avoid sugar, dairy, wheat and gluten where possible and we can cater for any specific dietary requirements.
Holistic TreatmentsThere will be plenty of time to indulge in a body treatment or two with one on our superb in house therapists. We offer a range of massage treatments, using organic therapeutic oils to ease away your stresses and strains. £60 for 45 minute treatment. Go to our team for further information on the therapists.
Plas Cadnant, Cadnant Rd, Menai Bridge, Gwynedd, LL59 5NH. Our retreat is easily accessible by both train and car.
The nearest station is Bangor with direct train links to London, taking just 3 hours from London Euston. Plas Cadnant is situated a short 5 min taxi ride from the station. Local taxi firms: 01248 353535 / 01248 364661
From A55 Expressway Mainland
- Cross over the Britannia Bridge and take the first slip road, immediately after crossing bridge.
- Turn right at T junction (A4080) taking you back under the expressway towards Menai Bridge and Beaumaris.
- At the roundabout go straight across (2nd exit) and downhill into the centre of Menai Bridge.
- Turn left at the main road towards Beaumaris (A545), through Menai Bridge town until you see a new road bridge ahead.
- Turn left at the lay-by (with white lines on it) just before the bridge and Plas Cadnant Estate entrance is 50m on the left. The sat nav will take you to this point.
- When you arrive at Plas Cadnant , make your way up the long leafy drive always bearing left to the central graveled courtyard. The Coach House is the first big house on the left. There is plenty of parking.
Price per person (including VAT) & Booking
£870.00 Twin room | Shared Occupancy
£980.40 Single room | Single occupancy
£870.00 Double room | Shared occupancy
£1,092.00 Double room | Single occupancy
- Four nights luxury accommodation with shared bathroom
- Eight yoga and meditation sessions
- Yoga equipment – mats/blocks/props
- Daily guided SUP sessions
- SUP equipment – board/paddle/leash/wet suit/buoyancy aid
- Guided walks to the chosen SUP/swim location
- Wholesome and vegetarian – breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Unlimited fruit, teas, coffee and fruit water.
- Unlimited access to the 21 acres of stunning garden and grounds at Plas Cadnant with its river and plunge pool.
- The friendly host service of the team at the retreat throughout your stay.
- Plas Cadnant is extremely comfortable and all rooms are finished to a very high standard. Linen, towels and toiletries are provided.
- Free Zest Life swim cap