Mango & Edamame Salad
Get into the spirit of Spring with this fresh and healthy salad we absolutely adore here at The Zest Life!
- 500 g (about 2 cups) edamame, cooked, drained
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 3 small mangos, peeled and diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 19-oz can black beans, drained, well-rinsed (2 cups)
- 350 mL can corn, drained, well-rinsed
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1–2 tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice
- up to 1 whole diced avocado for topping, optional
Step 1. Cook edamame according to package instructions then drain and rinse it under cold water until cooled.
Step 2. Chop up the mango, cucumber and red onion and add to a large bowl with the beans, corn, basil and garlic.
Step 3. Add in the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and lemon dressing ingredients, mix it all up, top with avocado if desired and enjoy!
[The salad is best served fresh but leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.]
This quick and easy picnic-friendly recipe is best enjoyed outside in the sunshine.