Here at The Zest Life we love, love, love Autumn, it’s our favourite time of year, a time to nurture and recharge both body and mind. This Autumn yoga retreat gives you the perfect opportunity to do just that in a relaxed, luxury environment. Prepare yourself for staying well during the Autumn months ahead. Come and experience….
- Restorative yoga to develop your bodies resilience to the colds and flu that may come with the colder days.
- Nourishing homemade food for vital energy and health.
- Bracing coastal walks to restore and recharge both body and mind.
- Luxury accommodation that you can relax into.
- Indulgent massages to ease away any strain and tension.
- Time away from the business of life.
We would love for you to join us on this retreat, so you can start cultivating a supple body and a clarity of mind that will keep you feeling healthy and vital through the winter months ahead.
“I would recommend the retreat to anyone wanting to escape for a weekend – and to come back feeling they’d had a week’s holiday.” Christine, London
The LocationOur retreats take place at Plas Cadnant. A stylish, secluded country house on the Isle of Anglesey, nestled in 21 acres of private parkland, which gathers together for your pleasure; stunning views over Snowdon, a meandering river, magical waterfalls, world renowned historic gardens, lazy meadows, mature woodland and a new oak framed building perfect for yoga sessions. Described as “one of the most amazing retreats on the Isle of Anglesey”.
The AccommodationThe Coach house is the largest property on the Plas Cadnant estate, accommodating up to 11 guests on two spacious floors with an impressive upstairs dining /sitting room with large wood burning stove. By night, candles, incense and log fires create the perfect atmosphere for complete relaxation. Its wonderfully comfortable beds, crisp white linen, fresh flowers, views over rolling parkland and piping hot power showers all make up the luxury and style of your retreat at this stunning country house.
The Yoga SpaceStroll through the walled garden, and majestic wooden gates to the purpose built oak framed building completed in 2012. The combination of lovingly hand crafted oak beams, high ceilings and under floor heating, make it the ideal space for yoga and mediation practice. With the peace and tranquility of the surrounding parkland, it is your sanctuary from the outside world.
The FoodWe are passionate about healthy eating here at The Zest Life and we make it an integral part of our autumn & winter retreats, with an emphasis on warming and nourishing plant based meals. Our food is always vegetarian, made without sugar or dairy products, and low in wheat and gluten where required. We offer beautiful Pukka herbal teas for you to choose from over the course of the retreat and with three full meals a day, fruit and healthy treats in the afternoon you are sure to feel nourished.
Holistic TreatmentsThere will be plenty of time to indulge in a body treatment or two with one on our superb in house therapists. We offer a range of massage treatments, using organic therapeutic oils to ease away your stresses and strains. £60 for 45 minute treatment. Go to our team for further information on the therapists.
Yoga Teacher – Claire RileyFor Claire yoga has been a lifelong passion. She has been practising for more than 40 years and has studied with many inspiring teachers in many different styles. She qualified to teach at Camyoga in Cambridge in 2015. Her regular style of yoga is Hatha Flow. Each of her classes are carefully sequenced to safely align, stretch and strengthen the entire body on a physical level and to release tensions, emotional blockages and encourage the flow of energy on a subtle level. Expect a fairly intense experience but you are never pushed beyond your own limits. She gives modifications and progressions as required to suit your individual needs.
Yoga Teacher – Kate Hamilton-HunterExperiencing one of Kate’s yoga classes is a perfect opportunity to find the balance that you need in life. Kate Hamilton-Hunter has been teaching since 2013. She began studying Hatha yoga and then trained in Dru Yoga, which is a more flowing style of yoga. Kate responds to the different needs of the group and accommodates all levels of yoga experience in her classes. Kate’s morning classes are more dynamic and energising, setting you up for the days activity. The evening classes will have a more restorative focus, with time for meditation, setting intentions and long nurturing relaxations. You will feel restored and revitalised from this retreats yoga sessions.
Yoga Teacher – Laura BellLaura is a yoga teacher and founder of The Zest Life. She has a personal and friendly yet professional attitude towards her teaching, offering Ashtanga based yoga, a style that is dynamic and challenging with sequences set to rejuvenate the body from the inside out. She continues to practise yoga at a physical level but through continued Vipassana meditation she has developed a more spiritual path to her practise, which she incorporates into her teachings both on and off the mat.
Plas Cadnant, Cadnant Rd, Menai Bridge, Gwynedd, LL59 5NH. Our retreat is easily accessible by both train and car.
The nearest station is Bangor with direct train links to London, taking just 3 hours from London Euston. Plas Cadnant is situated a short 5 min taxi ride from the station. Local taxi firms: 01248 353535 / 01248 364661
From A55 Expressway Mainland
- Cross over the Britannia Bridge and take the first slip road, immediately after crossing bridge.
- Turn right at T junction (A4080) taking you back under the expressway towards Menai Bridge and Beaumaris.
- At the roundabout go straight across (2nd exit) and downhill into the centre of Menai Bridge.
- Turn left at the main road towards Beaumaris (A545), through Menai Bridge town until you see a new road bridge ahead.
- Turn left at the lay-by (with white lines on it) just before the bridge and Plas Cadnant Estate entrance is 50m on the left. The sat nav will take you to this point.
- When you arrive at Plas Cadnant , make your way up the long leafy drive always bearing left to the central graveled courtyard. The Coach House is the first big house on the left. There is plenty of parking.
Price per person (including VAT) & Booking
£492.00 Twin room | Shared occupancy
£546.00 Single room | Single occupancy
£492.00 Double room | Shared occupancy
£654.00 Double room | Single occupancy
- Two nights luxury accommodation with shared bathroom.
- Four yoga and meditation sessions.
- Yoga equipment use – mats/blocks/props.
- Wholesome and vegetarian – breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Unlimited fruit, teas, coffee and fruit water.
- Two guided coastal/countryside walks.
- Unlimited access to the 21 acres of stunning garden and grounds at Plas Cadnant with its river and plunge pool.
- The friendly host service of the team at the retreat throughout your stay.
- Plas Cadnant is extremely comfortable and all rooms are finished to a very high standard. Linen, towels and toiletries are provided.
This retreat is very popular so please book early to avoid disappointment. We guarantee you will not regret it. All you have to do now is click to book.
|October 7th-9th||Claire Riley||Book|
|October 14th-16th||Kate Hamilton-Hunter||Book|
|October 21st-23rd||Claire Riley||Book|