We are so very excited to bring you this brand new Zest Life experience for 2019. We are extending our sell out wild swimming weekends into a 5 day retreat, where each day you will get to discover a new and refreshing swimming location. Investing in this time will allow you to, experience more of the amazing wild swimming locations that Wales has to offer and to fully switch off and recharge. This retreat is suitable for anyone that wants to escape to the beautiful coast of Wales, diving deeply into the zest life way of living. You will experience and enjoy:
- Three full days of wild swimming, in fabulous wild swim locations, from stunning beaches on the Isle of Anglesey, to the spectacular lakes of Snowdonia.
- Restorative coastal walks along beautiful Welsh coastline.
- Sand between your toes as you explore beach yoga.
- Healthy picnic lunches and wholesome evening meals.
- Relaxing and unwinding in glorious settings with time just for you, to get fit, healthy and happy.
- And of course inspiring yoga sessions each and every day.
This retreat is suitable for everyone. So solo travellers, couples and friends come and join in this all new retreat. Be as active or relaxed as you like living The Zest Life.
“Believe it or not my favourite part of the weekend was going in screaming into a freezing cold Irish Sea – I have a brown sun tanned face after being in only 45 mins or so ……….. who needs the Med?”
The LocationOur weekends take place at Plas Cadnant. A stylish, secluded country house on the Isle of Anglesey, nestled in 21 acres of private parkland, which gathers together for your pleasure; stunning views over Snowdon, a meandering river, magical waterfalls, world renowned historic gardens, lazy meadows, mature woodland and a new oak framed building perfect for yoga sessions. Described as “one of the most amazing retreats on the Isle of Anglesey”.
The AccommodationThe Coach house is the largest property on the Plas Cadnant estate, accommodating up to 11 guests on two spacious floors with an impressive upstairs dining /sitting room with large wood burning stove. By night, candles, incense and log fires create the perfect atmosphere for complete relaxation. Its wonderfully comfortable beds, crisp white linen, fresh flowers, views over rolling parkland and piping hot power showers all make up the luxury and style of your weekend at this stunning country house.
The Yoga SpaceStroll through the walled garden, and majestic wooden gates to the purpose built oak framed building completed in 2012. The combination of lovingly hand crafted oak beams, high ceilings and under floor heating, make it the ideal space for yoga and mediation practice. With the peace and tranquility of the surrounding parkland, it is your sanctuary from the outside world.
The SwimsWe tailor the swims to the groups’ requirements. So depending on how everyone’s feeling and what you fancy getting up to, depends on where we go. It could be anything from breathtaking coastal swims, to floating about in lakes cradled by majestic mountains, to taking an active dip in some of the most stunning waterfalls Wales has to offer. Either way, you will feel invigorated and empowered as you connect back to nature. Your every safety will be catered for and we can provide as little or as much kit as you need. This weekend is suitable for all levels of swimming ability. Go to our team to see more about your guides.
The FoodHealthy eating is an integral part of our retreats here at The Zest Life. This invigorating weekend requires a lot of fuel, which we provide with our delicious plant based vegetarian menu – healthy picnic lunches at your swim locations and divine meals back at the house in the evening. We try to avoid sugar, dairy, wheat and gluten where possible. Pukka and fresh herbal teas are a plenty, along with a selection of fresh fruit and healthy cakes!
Holistic TreatmentsIndulge in a body treatment with one on our expertly trained in house therapists. We offer a range of massage treatments, using organic therapeutic oils to ease away your stresses and strains. £45 for forty minute treatment. Go to our team for further information on the therapists.
Yoga Teacher – Kate Hamilton-HunterExperiencing one of Kate’s yoga classes is a perfect opportunity to find the balance that you need in life. Kate Hamilton-Hunter has been teaching since 2013. She began studying Hatha yoga and then trained in Dru Yoga, which is a more flowing style of yoga. Kate responds to the different needs of the group and accommodates all levels of yoga experience in her classes. Kate’s morning classes are more dynamic and energising, setting you up for the days activity. The evening classes will have a more restorative focus, with time for meditation, setting intentions and long nurturing relaxations. You will feel restored and revitalised from this retreats yoga sessions.
Yoga Teacher – Claire RileyFor Claire yoga has been a lifelong passion. She has been practising for more than 40 years and has studied with many inspiring teachers in many different styles. She qualified to teach at Camyoga in Cambridge in 2015. Her regular style of yoga is Hatha Flow. Each of her classes are carefully sequenced to safely align, stretch and strengthen the entire body on a physical level and to release tensions, emotional blockages and encourage the flow of energy on a subtle level. Expect a fairly intense experience but you are never pushed beyond your own limits. She gives modifications and progressions as required to suit your individual needs.
Plas Cadnant, Cadnant Rd, Menai Bridge, Gwynedd, LL59 5NH. Our retreat is easily accessible by both train and car.
The nearest station is Bangor with direct train links to London, taking just 3 hours from London Euston. Plas Cadnant is situated a short 5 min taxi ride from the station. Local taxi firms: 01248 353535 / 01248 364661
From A55 Expressway Mainland
- Cross over the Britannia Bridge and take the first slip road, immediately after crossing bridge.
- Turn right at T junction (A4080) taking you back under the expressway towards Menai Bridge and Beaumaris.
- At the roundabout go straight across (2nd exit) and downhill into the centre of Menai Bridge.
- Turn left at the main road towards Beaumaris (A545), through Menai Bridge town until you see a new road bridge ahead.
- Turn left at the lay-by (with white lines on it) just before the bridge and Plas Cadnant Estate entrance is 50m on the left. The sat nav will take you to this point.
- When you arrive at Plas Cadnant , make your way up the long leafy drive always bearing left to the central graveled courtyard. The Coach House is the first big house on the left. There is plenty of parking.
Price per person & Booking
£650 Twin room | Shared Occupancy
£750 Single room | Single occupancy
£650 Double room | Shared occupancy
£850 Double room | Single occupancy
- Four nights luxury accommodation in twin, double or single rooms with shared bathroom
- Three hours of yoga and meditation sessions a day
- Yoga equipment – mats/blocks/props.
- Guided afternoon walk on arrival
- Three days of wild swimming – Guided sessions plus wet suit use
- Transport to and from activity locations
- Wholesome and vegetarian – breakfast, lunch and two course evening meal.
- Unlimited fruit, organic teas, coffee and fruit water.
- Stunning 21 acres of private parkland to relax in
- Linen, towels, shampoo and conditioner.
- Complimentary Zest Life swim cap
- The friendly host service of the team at the retreat throughout your stay.
There are limited places available, so please book early to avoid disappointment.