After the success of our extended 5 day swim retreats in previous years we are repeating our 5 day retreat for 2021. Each day you will get to discover a new and refreshing swimming location. Investing in this time will allow you to, experience more of the amazing wild swimming locations that Wales has to offer and to fully switch off and recharge. This retreat is suitable for anyone that wants to escape to the beautiful coast of Wales, diving deeply into the zest life way of living. You will experience and enjoy:
- Three full days of wild swimming, in fabulous wild swim locations, from stunning beaches on the Isle of Anglesey, to the spectacular lakes of Snowdonia.
- Restorative coastal walks along beautiful Welsh coastline.
- Sand between your toes as you explore beach yoga.
- Healthy picnic lunches and wholesome evening meals.
- Relaxing and unwinding in glorious settings with time just for you, to get fit, healthy and happy.
- And of course inspiring yoga sessions each and every day.
This retreat is suitable for everyone. So solo travellers, couples and friends come and join in this all new retreat. Be as active or relaxed as you like living The Zest Life.
“Believe it or not my favourite part of the weekend was going in screaming into a freezing cold Irish Sea – I have a brown sun tanned face after being in only 45 mins or so ……….. who needs the Med?”
The LocationOur weekends take place at Plas Cadnant. A stylish, secluded country house on the Isle of Anglesey, nestled in 21 acres of private parkland, which gathers together for your pleasure; stunning views over Snowdon, a meandering river, magical waterfalls, world renowned historic gardens, lazy meadows, mature woodland and a new oak framed building perfect for yoga sessions. Described as “one of the most amazing retreats on the Isle of Anglesey”.
The AccommodationThe Coach house is the largest property on the Plas Cadnant estate, accommodating up to 11 guests on two spacious floors with an impressive upstairs dining /sitting room with large wood burning stove. By night, candles, incense and log fires create the perfect atmosphere for complete relaxation. Its wonderfully comfortable beds, crisp white linen, fresh flowers, views over rolling parkland and piping hot power showers all make up the luxury and style of your weekend at this stunning country house.
The Yoga SpaceStroll through the walled garden, and majestic wooden gates to the purpose built oak framed building completed in 2012. The combination of lovingly hand crafted oak beams, high ceilings and under floor heating, make it the ideal space for yoga and mediation practice. With the peace and tranquility of the surrounding parkland, it is your sanctuary from the outside world.
The SwimsWe tailor the swims to the groups’ requirements. So depending on how everyone’s feeling and what you fancy getting up to, depends on where we go. It could be anything from breathtaking coastal swims, to floating about in lakes cradled by majestic mountains, to taking an active dip in some of the most stunning waterfalls Wales has to offer. Either way, you will feel invigorated and empowered as you connect back to nature. Your every safety will be catered for and we can provide as little or as much kit as you need. This weekend is suitable for all levels of swimming ability. Go to our team to see more about your guides.
The FoodHealthy eating is an integral part of our retreats here at The Zest Life. This invigorating weekend requires a lot of fuel, which we provide with our delicious plant based vegetarian menu – healthy picnic lunches at your swim locations and divine meals back at the house in the evening. We try to avoid sugar, dairy, wheat and gluten where possible. Pukka and fresh herbal teas are a plenty, along with a selection of fresh fruit and healthy cakes!
Holistic TreatmentsIndulge in a body treatment with one on our expertly trained in house therapists. We offer a range of massage treatments, using organic therapeutic oils to ease away your stresses and strains. £50 for forty minute treatment. Go to our team for further information on the therapists.
Yoga Teacher – Rosie UnderwoodRosie, a teacher and specialist in Vinyasa flow with Positive Psychology used yoga as a way to keep her grounded in her work as a magazine editor. Her fascination and increasing interest in yoga and meditation lead her to practice in all four corners of the globe, and after eight years of dedication to learning, she made the jump to teaching. Rosie’s uplifting and energetic sequences are tailored to suit the student’s ability, energy levels and mindsets from a bio-individual stand point. Weaving positive psychology and mantras into her classes, Rosie sets the tone for gaining strength, mobility and resilience both physically and mentally, keeping students fully immersed. Rosie’s work as a wellness journalist and Integrative health coach means her knowledge and understanding of marrying a healthy mind with a healthy body comes part and parcel with her teaching.
Plas Cadnant, Cadnant Rd, Menai Bridge, Gwynedd, LL59 5NH. Our retreat is easily accessible by both train and car.
The nearest station is Bangor with direct train links to London, taking just 3 hours from London Euston. Plas Cadnant is situated a short 5 min taxi ride from the station. Local taxi firms: 01248 353535 / 01248 364661
From A55 Expressway Mainland
- Cross over the Britannia Bridge and take the first slip road, immediately after crossing bridge.
- Turn right at T junction (A4080) taking you back under the expressway towards Menai Bridge and Beaumaris.
- At the roundabout go straight across (2nd exit) and downhill into the centre of Menai Bridge.
- Turn left at the main road towards Beaumaris (A545), through Menai Bridge town until you see a new road bridge ahead.
- Turn left at the lay-by (with white lines on it) just before the bridge and Plas Cadnant Estate entrance is 50m on the left. The sat nav will take you to this point.
- When you arrive at Plas Cadnant , make your way up the long leafy drive always bearing left to the central graveled courtyard. The Coach House is the first big house on the left. There is plenty of parking.
Price per person & Booking
£710 Twin room | Shared Occupancy
£810 Single room | Single occupancy
£710 Double room | Shared occupancy
£910 Double room | Single occupancy
- Four nights luxury accommodation in twin, double or single rooms with shared bathroom
- Three hours of yoga and meditation sessions a day
- Yoga equipment – mats/blocks/props.
- Guided afternoon walk on arrival
- Three days of wild swimming – Guided sessions plus wet suit use
- Transport to and from activity locations
- Wholesome and vegetarian – breakfast, lunch and two course evening meal.
- Unlimited fruit, organic teas, coffee and fruit water.
- Stunning 21 acres of private parkland to relax in
- Linen, towels, shampoo and conditioner.
- Complimentary Zest Life swim cap
- The friendly host service of the team at the retreat throughout your stay.
There are limited places available, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
|May 3rd-7th||Rosie Underwood||Book|
|May 17th-21st||Rosie Underwood||Book|
|July 5th-9th||Rosie Underwood||Book|
|July 19th-23rd||Rosie Underwood||Book|
|August 16th-20th||Rosie Underwood||Book|
|August 30th-September 3rd||Rosie Underwood||Book|
|September 13th-17th||Rosie Underwood||Book|
|September 20th-24th||Rosie Underwood||Book|