The essence of this retreat is taking some time out to relax before the hectic festive season. Our team helps you to see this retreat as an opportunity to enjoy this darker, hibernation time of year. We give you permission to slow down. The retreat is tailored to be in sync with the slower rhythms of nature that this time of year presents. So come and enjoy…..
- Luxury accommodation to melt into.
- Divine, homemade food to nourish your body.
- Yoga to ease away winter stresses and strains.
- Deep relaxation and therapeutic calming meditations.
- Bracing coastal walks, taking in the fresh sea air, building up an appetite for cake and tea on your return.
- Time to sit by our log fire, unwinding mentally and physically.
You will leave so calm, content and chilled ready to take on the busy festive time ahead.
“Thank you for this weekends yoga retreat, I really enjoyed my time at Plas Cadnant the food was delicious the yoga was great and the setting was beautiful. I am now feeling very relaxed and ready to face the world. I appreciated your lovely approach to teaching yoga in an amazing setting. ” – Gill, Cheshire
The LocationOur retreats take place at Plas Cadnant. A stylish, secluded country house on the Isle of Anglesey, nestled in 21 acres of private parkland, which gathers together for your pleasure; stunning views over Snowdon, a meandering river, magical waterfalls, world renowned historic gardens, lazy meadows, mature woodland and a new oak framed building perfect for yoga sessions. Described as “one of the most amazing retreats on the Isle of Anglesey”.
The AccommodationThe Coach house is the largest property on the Plas Cadnant estate, accommodating up to 11 guests on two spacious floors with an impressive upstairs dining /sitting room with large wood burning stove. By night, candles, incense and log fires create the perfect atmosphere for complete relaxation. Its wonderfully comfortable beds, crisp white linen, fresh flowers, views over rolling parkland and piping hot power showers all make up the luxury and style of your retreat at this stunning country house.
The Yoga SpaceStroll through the walled garden, and majestic wooden gates to the purpose built oak framed building completed in 2012. The combination of lovingly hand crafted oak beams, high ceilings and under floor heating, make it the ideal space for yoga and mediation practice. With the peace and tranquility of the surrounding parkland, it is your sanctuary from the outside world.
The FoodWe are passionate about healthy eating here at The Zest Life and we make it an integral part of our autumn & winter retreats, with an emphasis on warming and nourishing plant based meals. Our food is always vegetarian, made without sugar or dairy products, and low in wheat and gluten where required. We offer beautiful Pukka herbal teas for you to choose from over the course of the retreat and with three full meals a day, fruit and healthy treats in the afternoon you are sure to feel nourished.
Holistic TreatmentsThere will be plenty of time to indulge in a body treatment or two with one on our superb in house therapists. We offer a range of massage treatments, using organic therapeutic oils to ease away your stresses and strains. £60 for 45 minute treatment. Go to our team for further information on the therapists.
Yoga Teacher – Claire RileyFor Claire yoga has been a lifelong passion. She has been practising for more than 40 years and has studied with many inspiring teachers in many different styles. She qualified to teach at Camyoga in Cambridge in 2015. Her regular style of yoga is Hatha Flow. Each of her classes are carefully sequenced to safely align, stretch and strengthen the entire body on a physical level and to release tensions, emotional blockages and encourage the flow of energy on a subtle level. Expect a fairly intense experience but you are never pushed beyond your own limits. She gives modifications and progressions as required to suit your individual needs.
Yoga Teacher – Katy StylliAn ex-gymnast Katy's yoga classes focus on balancing strength with flexibility, and will help you find your equilibrium, both on and off the mat. Her sequences are inspired by Vinyasa flow, created to be physically challenging while tailored to ones ability. Morning classes will provide an active, full body experience that strengthens through stretching, breathing, lengthening and opening, setting you up for the days activity. The evening classes will have a more meditative focus, with time for releasing tension and long nurturing relaxations. You will feel restored and revitalised from this retreat's yoga sessions.
Plas Cadnant, Cadnant Rd, Menai Bridge, Gwynedd, LL59 5NH. Our retreat is easily accessible by both train and car.
The nearest station is Bangor with direct train links to London, taking just 3 hours from London Euston. Plas Cadnant is situated a short 5 min taxi ride from the station. Local taxi firms: 01248 353535 / 01248 364661
From A55 Expressway Mainland
- Cross over the Britannia Bridge and take the first slip road, immediately after crossing bridge.
- Turn right at T junction (A4080) taking you back under the expressway towards Menai Bridge and Beaumaris.
- At the roundabout go straight across (2nd exit) and downhill into the centre of Menai Bridge.
- Turn left at the main road towards Beaumaris (A545), through Menai Bridge town until you see a new road bridge ahead.
- Turn left at the lay-by (with white lines on it) just before the bridge and Plas Cadnant Estate entrance is 50m on the left. The sat nav will take you to this point.
- When you arrive at Plas Cadnant , make your way up the long leafy drive always bearing left to the central graveled courtyard. The Coach House is the first big house on the left. There is plenty of parking.
Price per person (including VAT) & Booking
£492.00 Twin room | Shared occupancy
£546.00 Single room | Single occupancy
£492.00 Double room | Shared occupancy
£654.00 Double room | Single occupancy
- Two nights luxury accommodation with shared bathroom.
- Four yoga and meditation sessions.
- Yoga equipment use – mats/blocks/props.
- Wholesome and vegetarian – breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Unlimited fruit, teas, coffee and fruit water.
- Two guided coastal/countryside walks.
- Unlimited access to the 21 acres of stunning garden and grounds at Plas Cadnant with its river and plunge pool.
- The friendly host service of the team at the retreat throughout your stay.
- Plas Cadnant is extremely comfortable and all rooms are finished to a very high standard. Linen, towels and toiletries are provided.
This retreat is very popular so please book early to avoid disappointment.
|November 11th-13th||Claire Riley||Book|
|November 18th-20th||Katy Stylli||Book|