Personally we cannot think of a more perfect combination than Yoga and Wild swimming. One of our philosophies is “be inspired by the beauty of nature”. What better way to connect with nature than to be in it. We have been swimming wild in Wales for years, and we love sharing our favourite swim locations, both sea and lakes, with you on our luxury yoga retreats. Over the course of the weekend you will experience and enjoy
- Expert guidance to some of North Wales’ most beautiful wild swimming locations.
- Diving into crisp, clear waters, washing away all worries and stress.
- Warming up with a herbal tea and wholesome cake, whilst listening to waves lapping against the shore.
- A variety of yoga sessions, more challenging sessions in the morning to more relaxing, meditative sessions in the evening.
- Healthy, detoxing, delicious meals each and every day.
- Soaking up the late summer sun in the beautiful gardens, relaxing with a good book.
Our yoga and swim retreat is always a sell out, so come and experience this magical retreat for yourself.
“My favourite part was to get in to the freezing water and later to experience the pleasant feeling putting on the robe and having a warm soup. The whole weekend experience was truly unique and memorable. ” Jane, Glasgow
Our weekends take place at Plas Cadnant. A stylish, secluded country house on the Isle of Anglesey, nestled in 21 acres of private parkland, which gathers together for your pleasure; stunning views over Snowdon, a meandering river, magical waterfalls, world renowned historic gardens, lazy meadows, mature woodland and a new oak framed building perfect for yoga sessions. Described as one of the most amazing retreats on the Isle of Anglesey.
The Coach house is the largest property on the Plas Cadnant estate, accommodating up to 11 guests on two spacious floors with an impressive upstairs dining /sitting room with large wood burning stove. By night, candles, incense and log fires create the perfect atmosphere for complete relaxation. Its wonderfully comfortable beds, crisp white linen, fresh flowers, views over rolling parkland and piping hot power showers all make up the luxury and style of your weekend at this stunning country house.
The Yoga Space
Stroll through the walled garden, and majestic wooden gates to the purpose built oak framed building completed in 2012. The combination of lovingly hand crafted oak beams, high ceilings and under floor heating, make it the ideal space for yoga and mediation practice. With the peace and tranquility of the surrounding parkland, it is your sanctuary from the outside world. We are not shy of a little alfresco yoga, so be prepared when the sun is shining, to get practising your yoga outside.
We tailor the swims to the groups’ requirements. So depending on how everyone’s feeling and what you fancy getting up to, depends on where we go. It could be anything from breathtaking coastal swims, to floating about in lakes cradled by majestic mountains, to taking an active dip in some of the most stunning waterfalls Wales has to offer. Either way, you will feel invigorated and empowered as you connect back to nature. Your every safety will be catered for and we can provide as little or as much kit as you need. This weekend is suitable for all levels of swimming ability. Go to our team to see more about your guides.
Healthy eating is an integral part of our retreats here at The Zest Life. This invigorating weekend requires a lot of fuel, which we provide with our delicious plant based vegetarian menu – substantial picnics on the beach and divine meals back at the house in the evening. We try to avoid sugar, dairy, wheat and gluten where possible. Pukka and fresh herbal teas are a plenty, along with a selection of fresh fruit and healthy cakes!
Indulge in a body treatment with one on our expertly trained in house therapists. We offer a range of massage treatments, using organic therapeutic oils to ease away your stresses and strains. £45 for forty minute treatment. Go to our team for further information on the therapists.
Yoga Teacher – Claire RileyFor Claire yoga has been a lifelong passion. She has been practising for more than 40 years and has studied with many inspiring teachers in many different styles. She qualified to teach at Camyoga in Cambridge in 2015. Her regular style of yoga is Hatha Flow. Each of her classes are carefully sequenced to safely align, stretch and strengthen the entire body on a physical level and to release tensions, emotional blockages and encourage the flow of energy on a subtle level. Expect a fairly intense experience but you are never pushed beyond your own limits. She gives modifications and progressions as required to suit your individual needs.
Yoga Teacher – Kate Hamilton-HunterExperiencing one of Kate’s yoga classes is a perfect opportunity to find the balance that you need in life. Kate Hamilton-Hunter has been teaching since 2013. She began studying Hatha yoga and then trained in Dru Yoga, which is a more flowing style of yoga. Kate responds to the different needs of the group and accommodates all levels of yoga experience in her classes. Kate’s morning classes are more dynamic and energising, setting you up for the days activity. The evening classes will have a more restorative focus, with time for meditation, setting intentions and long nurturing relaxations. You will feel restored and revitalised from this retreats yoga sessions.
Plas Cadnant, Cadnant Rd, Menai Bridge, Gwynedd, LL59 5NH. Our retreat is easily accessible by both train and car.
The nearest station is Bangor with direct train links to London, taking just 3 hours from London Euston. Plas Cadnant is situated a short 5 min taxi ride from the station. Local taxi firms: 01248 353535 01248 364661
From A55 Expressway Mainland
- Cross over the Britannia Bridge and take the first slip road, immediately after crossing bridge.
- Turn right at T junction (A4080) taking you back under the expressway towards Menai Bridge and Beaumaris.
- At the roundabout go straight across (2nd exit) and downhill into the centre of Menai Bridge.
- Turn left at the main road towards Beaumaris (A545), through Menai Bridge town until you see a new road bridge ahead.
- Turn left at the lay-by (with white lines on it) just before the bridge and Plas Cadnant Estate entrance is 50m on the left.
- When you arrive at Plas Cadnant , make your way up the long leafy drive to the central graveled courtyard. The Coach House is the first big house on the left. There is plenty of parking.
Price per person & Booking
£470 Twin room | Shared occupancy
£510 Single room | Single occupancy
£470 Double room | Shared occupancy
£610 Double room | Single occupancy
- Two nights luxury accommodation with shared bathroom
- Four yoga and meditation sessions
- Yoga equipment – mats/blocks/props
- Two guided wild swims
- Two guided walks to the chosen swim location
- Wholesome breakfast, nutritious lunch and vegetarian dinner.
- Unlimited fruit, tea, coffee and fruit water
- Unlimited access to the 21 acres of stunning garden and grounds at Plas Cadnant with its river and plunge pool.
- The friendly host service of the team at the retreat throughout your stay
- Wet suit hire
- Free Zest Life swim cap
- Plas Cadnant is extremely comfortable and all rooms are finished to a very high standard. Linen and towels are provided.
This weekend is very popular so please book early to avoid disappointment. We guarantee you will not regret it.
|June 5th-7th||Claire Riley||Book|
|July 10th-12th||Claire Riley||Book|
|September 4th-6th||Claire Riley||Book|