May Offer £75 OFF 5 DAY RETREATS
Book today with discount code SWIM75
Personally we cannot think of a more perfect combination than Yoga and Wild swimming. One of our philosophies is “be inspired by the beauty of nature”. What better way to connect with nature than to be in it. We have been swimming wild in Wales for years, and we love sharing our favourite swim locations, both sea and lakes, with you on our luxury yoga retreats.
|June 10th-12th||Katy Stylli||3 day||Book|
|July 8th-10th||Laura Bell||3 day||Book|
|August 5th-7th||Katy Stylli||3 day||Book|
|September 2nd-4th||Leo Oppenheim||3 day||Book|
|June 17th-20th||Katy Stylli||4 day||Book|
|July 15th-18th||Katy Stylli||4 day||Book|
|August 12th-15th||Katy Stylli||4 day||Book|
|September 9th-12th||Katy Stylli||4 day||Book|
Our weekend 3 and 4 day retreats are a great way to relax and refresh. Our extended 5 day retreat will allow you to experience more of the amazing wild swimming locations that Wales has to offer and to fully switch off and recharge. Our retreats are suitable for anyone that wants to escape to the beautiful coast of Wales, diving deeply into the zest life way of living. You will experience and enjoy:
- Expert guidance in fabulous wild swim locations, from stunning beaches on the Isle of Anglesey, to the spectacular lakes of Snowdonia.
- Diving into crisp, clear waters, washing away all worries and stress.
- Restorative coastal walks along beautiful Welsh coastline.
- Warming up with a herbal tea and wholesome cake, whilst listening to waves lapping against the shore.
- A variety of yoga sessions, more challenging sessions in the morning to more relaxing, meditative sessions in the evening.
- Healthy picnic lunches and wholesome evening meals.
- Relaxing and unwinding in glorious settings with time just for you, to get fit, healthy and happy.
These magical retreats are suitable for everyone – solo travellers, couples and friends. Be as active or relaxed as you like living The Zest Life.
“My favourite part was to get in to the freezing water and later to experience the pleasant feeling putting on the robe and having a warm soup. The whole retreat experience was truly unique and memorable. ” Jane, Glasgow
The LocationOur retreats take place at Plas Cadnant. A stylish, secluded country house on the Isle of Anglesey, nestled in 21 acres of private parkland, which gathers together for your pleasure; stunning views over Snowdon, a meandering river, magical waterfalls, world renowned historic gardens, lazy meadows, mature woodland and a new oak framed building perfect for yoga sessions. Described as “one of the most amazing retreats on the Isle of Anglesey”.
The AccommodationThe Coach house is the largest property on the Plas Cadnant estate, accommodating up to 11 guests on two spacious floors with an impressive upstairs dining /sitting room with large wood burning stove. By night, candles, incense and log fires create the perfect atmosphere for complete relaxation. Its wonderfully comfortable beds, crisp white linen, fresh flowers, views over rolling parkland and piping hot power showers all make up the luxury and style of your retreat at this stunning country house.
The Yoga SpaceStroll through the walled garden, and majestic wooden gates to the purpose built oak framed building completed in 2012. The combination of lovingly hand crafted oak beams, high ceilings and under floor heating, make it the ideal space for yoga and mediation practice. With the peace and tranquility of the surrounding parkland, it is your sanctuary from the outside world.
The SwimsWe tailor the swims to the groups’ requirements. So depending on how everyone’s feeling and what you fancy getting up to, depends on where we go. It could be anything from breathtaking coastal swims, to floating about in lakes cradled by majestic mountains, to taking an active dip in some of the most stunning waterfalls Wales has to offer. Either way, you will feel invigorated and empowered as you connect back to nature. Your every safety will be catered for and we can provide as little or as much kit as you need. This retreat is suitable for all levels of swimming ability. Go to our team to see more about your guides.
The FoodHealthy eating is an integral part of our retreats here at The Zest Life. This invigorating retreat requires a lot of fuel, which we provide with our delicious plant based vegetarian menu. You will be greeted with wholesome flapjacks and tea post swim, then it's back to the house for warming lunches of soups and dips, and a divine two course meal in the evening. Pukka and fresh herbal teas are a plenty, along with a selection of fresh fruit and healthy cakes. We try to avoid sugar, dairy, wheat and gluten where possible and we can cater for any specific dietary requirements.
Holistic TreatmentsThere will be plenty of time to indulge in a body treatment or two with one on our superb in house therapists. We offer a range of massage treatments, using organic therapeutic oils to ease away your stresses and strains. £60 for 45 minute treatment. Go to our team for further information on the therapists.
Yoga Teacher – Laura BellLaura is a yoga teacher and founder of The Zest Life. She has a personal and friendly yet professional attitude towards her teaching, vinyasa flow based yoga, a style that is dynamic with sequences set to rejuvenate the body from the inside out. She continues to practise yoga at a physical level but through continued Vipassana meditation she has developed a more spiritual path to her practise, which she incorporates into her teachings both on and off the mat.
Yoga Teacher – Leo OppenheimLeo is a multi-discipline instructor specialising in balance and core stability. He incorporates a variety of techniques to harness the full power of your breathing and increase strength, conditioning, and focus. His yoga practise is so diverse but yang and restorative are key to Leo's teaching. Learn how to move freely with fluidity and purpose. Head trainer at BLOK studio Manchester, he holds space beautifully, with the power to make a whole room feel held and safe. We’re all so lucky to have him on our team and we can’t wait to enjoy his teachings in September.
Yoga Teacher – Ella WilliamsElla is an avid believer in the power of connection for improving both mental and physical health. Using philosophy, breathwork, meditation and relaxation to complement an alignment-focused physical practice, you can expect Hatha, Vinyasa and restorative Yoga classes that specialise in unifying body and mind. Her background as an outdoor instructor enables her to skilfully adapt sessions to meet the varying needs of a group, and while her main focus is on personal development and wellbeing, she champions the incredible effects Yoga has on our nervous system and positive changes on the physical body.
Yoga Teacher – Katy StylliAn ex-gymnast Katy's yoga classes focus on balancing strength with flexibility, and will help you find your equilibrium, both on and off the mat. Her sequences are inspired by Vinyasa flow, created to be physically challenging while tailored to ones ability. Morning classes will provide an active, full body experience that strengthens through stretching, breathing, lengthening and opening, setting you up for the days activity. The evening classes will have a more meditative focus, with time for releasing tension and long nurturing relaxations. You will feel restored and revitalised from this retreat's yoga sessions.
Plas Cadnant, Cadnant Rd, Menai Bridge, Gwynedd, LL59 5NH. Our retreat is easily accessible by both train and car.
The nearest station is Bangor with direct train links to London, taking just 3 hours from London Euston. Plas Cadnant is situated a short 5 min taxi ride from the station. Local taxi firms: 01248 353535 / 01248 364661
From A55 Expressway Mainland
- Cross over the Britannia Bridge and take the first slip road, immediately after crossing bridge.
- Turn right at T junction (A4080) taking you back under the expressway towards Menai Bridge and Beaumaris.
- At the roundabout go straight across (2nd exit) and downhill into the centre of Menai Bridge.
- Turn left at the main road towards Beaumaris (A545), through Menai Bridge town until you see a new road bridge ahead.
- Turn left at the lay-by (with white lines on it) just before the bridge and Plas Cadnant Estate entrance is 50m on the left. The sat nav will take you to this point.
- When you arrive at Plas Cadnant , make your way up the long leafy drive always bearing left to the central graveled courtyard. The Coach House is the first big house on the left. There is plenty of parking.
Price per person (including VAT) & Booking
|Room||3 day||4 day||5 day|
|Twin room | Shared occupancy||£588||£688||£870|
|Single room | Single occupancy||£630||£730||£980|
|Double room | Shared occupancy||£588||£688||£870|
|Double room | Single occupancy||£744||£844||£1,092|
- Luxury accommodation with shared bathroom
- Daily yoga and meditation sessions
- Yoga equipment – mats/blocks/props
- Daily guided wild swims
- Daily guided walks to the chosen swim location
- Wholesome breakfast, nutritious lunch and vegetarian dinner.
- Unlimited fruit, tea, coffee and fruit water
- Unlimited access to the 21 acres of stunning garden and grounds at Plas Cadnant with its river and plunge pool.
- The friendly host service of the team at the retreat throughout your stay
- Wet suit hire
- Free Zest Life swim cap
- Plas Cadnant is extremely comfortable and all rooms are finished to a very high standard. Linen and towels are provided.
This retreat is very popular so please book early to avoid disappointment. We guarantee you will not regret it.