april 5th – 7th & 12th – 14th 2019 | 2 day
This will be our seventh year running this retreat and it always proves so popular with our guests. There is so much to love about this challenging weekend retreat.
- Escaping to a secluded part of Wales where you can relax and recharge.
- Hiking up Wales’ highest mountain with our expert guide Sian Sykes, who guests testify as “Outstanding”.
- Massages to ease away the stresses and strains.
- Nutritious vegetarian meals that will nourish your body.
- A variety of yoga sessions designed to challenge and soothe your body.
- Find a quiet spot in the garden, enjoy a good book and have time all to yourself.
“I had a wonderful time in the most beautiful and impressive surroundings. I would love to join The Zest Life again one day for another spectacular weekend.” Tricia, Shrewsbury
Our weekends take place at Plas Cadnant. A stylish, secluded country house on the Isle of Anglesey, nestled in 21 acres of private parkland, which gathers together for your pleasure; stunning views over Snowdon, a meandering river, magical waterfalls, world renowned historic gardens, lazy meadows, mature woodland and a new oak framed building perfect for yoga sessions. Described as one of the most amazing retreats on the Isle of Anglesey.
The Coach house is the largest property on the Plas Cadnant estate, accommodating up to 11 guests on two spacious floors with an impressive upstairs dining /sitting room with large wood burning stove. By night, candles, incense and log fires create the perfect atmosphere for complete relaxation. Its wonderfully comfortable beds, crisp white linen, fresh flowers, views over rolling parkland and piping hot power showers all make up the luxury and style of your weekend at this stunning country house.
The Yoga Space
Stroll through the walled garden, and majestic wooden gates to the purpose built oak framed building completed in 2012. The combination of lovingly hand crafted oak beams, high ceilings and under floor heating, make it the ideal space for yoga and mediation practice. With the peace and tranquility of the surrounding parkland, it is your sanctuary from the outside world. We are not shy of a little alfresco yoga either, so be prepared to get saluting the sun out in the garden.
We are passionate about healthy eating here at The Zest Life, and we make it an integral part of our retreats, with an emphasis on wholesome and nourishing plant based meals. Our food is made without sugar or dairy products where possible and without wheat and gluten where required. You will enjoy a substantial picnic during your hike up Snowdon. We offer beautiful Pukka and fresh herbal teas for you to choose from over the course of the weekend and we encourage a no alcohol policy on this weekend.
Indulge in a body treatment with one on our expertly trained in house therapists. We offer a range of massage treatments, using organic therapeutic oils to ease away your stresses and strains. £45 for forty minute treatment. Go to our team for further information on the therapists.
Yoga Teacher – Claire RileyFor Claire yoga has been a lifelong passion. She has been practising for more than 40 years and has studied with many inspiring teachers in many different styles. She qualified to teach at Camyoga in Cambridge in 2015. Her regular style of yoga is Hatha Flow. Each of her classes are carefully sequenced to safely align, stretch and strengthen the entire body on a physical level and to release tensions, emotional blockages and encourage the flow of energy on a subtle level. Expect a fairly intense experience but you are never pushed beyond your own limits. She gives modifications and progressions as required to suit your individual needs.
Yoga Teacher – Kate Hamilton-HunterExperiencing one of Kate’s yoga classes is a perfect opportunity to find the balance that you need in life. Kate Hamilton-Hunter has been teaching since 2013. She began studying Hatha yoga and then trained in Dru Yoga, which is a more flowing style of yoga. Kate responds to the different needs of the group and accommodates all levels of yoga experience in her classes. Kate’s morning classes are more dynamic and energising, setting you up for the days activity. The evening classes will have a more restorative focus, with time for meditation, setting intentions and long nurturing relaxations. You will feel restored and revitalised from this retreats yoga sessions.
Plas Cadnant, Cadnant Rd, Menai Bridge, Gwynedd, LL59 5NH. Our retreat is easily accessible by both train and car.
The nearest station is Bangor with direct train links to London, taking just 3 hours from London Euston. Plas Cadnant is situated a short 5 min taxi ride from the station. Local taxi firms: 01248 353535 01248 364661
From A55 Expressway Mainland
- Cross over the Britannia Bridge and take the first slip road, immediately after crossing bridge.
- Turn right at T junction (A4080) taking you back under the expressway towards Menai Bridge and Beaumaris.
- At the roundabout go straight across (2nd exit) and downhill into the centre of Menai Bridge.
- Turn left at the main road towards Beaumaris (A545), through Menai Bridge town until you see a new road bridge ahead.
- Turn left at the lay-by (with white lines on it) just before the bridge and Plas Cadnant Estate entrance is 50m on the left.
- When you arrive at Plas Cadnant , make your way up the long leafy drive to the central graveled courtyard. The Coach House is the first big house on the left. There is plenty of parking.
Price per person & Booking
£430 Twin room | Shared occupancy
£470 Single room | Single occupancy
£430 Double room | Shared occupancy
£570 Double room | Single occupancy
- Two nights luxury accommodation with shared bathroom.
- Three yoga and meditation sessions.
- Yoga equipment use – mats/blocks/props.
- Guided hike up Mount Snowdon.
- Guided coastal walk.
- Transport to and from your walks.
- Wholesome and vegetarian – breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Unlimited fruit, teas, coffee and fruit water.
- Unlimited access to the 21 acres of stunning garden and grounds at Plas Cadnant with its river and plunge pool.
- The friendly host service of the team at the retreat throughout your stay.
- Plas Cadnant is extremely comfortable and all rooms are finished to a very high standard. Linen, towels and toiletries are provided.
This weekend is very popular so please book early to avoid disappointment.
|April 5th-7th||Claire Riley||Book|
|April 12th-14th||Kate Hamilton-Hunter||Book|