june 1st – 3rd 2018 | 2 day
Join us on our summer escape, a yoga and seashore foraging weekend. This retreat combines our love of the coast, nature, food and of course yoga. We all know the importance of disconnecting and taking time out from the business of life. This two night retreat will have you connecting back to nature in no time at all, as you walk and forage the beautiful welsh coastline, restoring both mind and body.
You will experience and enjoy:
- Guided walks along stunning stretches of welsh coastline, both coves and beaches.
- Investigating and exploring what can be foraged from the seashore.
- Gathering edible shoreline sea vegetables and sea weeds.
- Rejuvenating yoga in tranquil gardens, surrounded by total calm and peace.
- Warm mid summer days, relaxing, reading and recharging.
Having the luxury of a private country house to retreat to at the end of the day.
You will leave this retreat brimming with knowledge and enthusiasm about what to look out for along our shores. Feel inspired, connected and recharged by the wonder of this magical summer escape.
During the retreat you will stay at a stylish, secluded country house on the Isle of Anglesey, nestled in 21 acres of private parkland, which gathers together for your pleasure; stunning views over Snowdon, a meandering river, magical waterfalls, world renowned historic gardens, lazy meadows, mature woodland and a new oak framed building perfect for yoga sessions. Described as one of the most amazing retreats on the Isle of Anglesey.
The Coach house is the largest property on the Plas Cadnant estate, accommodating up to 11 guests on two spacious floors with an impressive upstairs dining /sitting room with large wood burning stove. By night, candles, incense and log fires create the perfect atmosphere for complete relaxation. Its wonderfully comfortable beds, crisp white linen on deep down duvets, fresh flowers, views over rolling parkland and piping hot power showers all make up the luxury and style of your weekend at this stunning country house.
Stroll through the walled garden, and majestic wooden gates to the purpose built oak framed building completed in 2012. The combination of lovingly hand crafted oak beams, high ceilings and under floor heating, make it the ideal space for yoga and mediation practice. With the peace and tranquility of the surrounding parkland, it is your sanctuary from the outside world. We are not shy of a little alfresco yoga, so be prepared when the sun is shining, to get practising your yoga outside.
During the afternoons we will guide you along wonderful stretches of sandy shoreline, exploring coves and stretches of beach and relishing in the diverse environment that the welsh coastline has to offer. On these adventures you will have Dave, our coastal wanderer, and his twenty years worth of knowledge by your side, to guide you in the identifying and gathering of a range of edible sea vegetables and sea weeds, all of which will be cooked up and eaten over a beach campfire or in your evening meal.
We are passionate about healthy eating here at The Zest Life, and we make it an integral part of our retreats, with an emphasis on wholesome and nourishing meals. Where possible on this summer retreat we will be eating alfresco, out on the beach at lunch, enjoying the edible delights from our seashore adventures. Our food is always vegetarian, made without sugar or dairy products, and low in wheat and gluten where required. We offer beautiful Pukka herbal teas for you to choose from over the course of the weekend and we encourage a no alcohol policy on this weekend.
Indulge in a body treatment with one on our expertly trained in house therapists. We offer Reiki, Massage, Full Swedish Body, Indian Head, Back, neck and shoulders and Reflexology. All using organic therapeutic oils to ease away your stresses and strains. £40 for a forty minute treatment. Go to our team for further information on the therapists.
Plas Cadnant, Cadnant Rd, Menai Bridge, Gwynedd, LL59 5NH. Our retreat is easily accessible by both train and car.
The nearest station is Bangor with direct train links to London, taking just 3 hours from London Euston. Plas Cadnant is situated a short 5 min taxi ride from the station. Local taxi firms: 01248 353535 01248 364661
Recommended train times: Leaving London Euston [EUS] Friday 13.10 Arriving Bangor [BNG] 16.48 Leaving Bangor [BNG] Monday 12.00 Arriving London Euston [EUS] 15.39
From A55 Expressway Mainland
- Cross over the Britannia Bridge and take the first slip road, immediately after crossing bridge.
- Turn right at T junction (A4080) taking you back under the expressway towards Menai Bridge and Beaumaris.
- At the roundabout go straight across (2nd exit) and downhill into the centre of Menai Bridge.
- Turn left at the main road towards Beaumaris (A545), through Menai Bridge town until you see a new road bridge ahead.
- Turn left at the lay-by (with white lines on it) just before the bridge and Plas Cadnant Estate entrance is 50m on the left.
When you arrive at Plas Cadnant , make your way up the long leafy drive to the central graveled courtyard. The Coach House is the first big house on the left. There is plenty of parking.
Price per person & Booking
£390 Twin room | Shared Occupancy
£430 Single room | Single occupancy
£390 Double room | Shared occupancy
£530 Double room | Single occupancy
- Two nights luxury accommodation with shared bathroom
- Twice daily yoga and meditation instruction.
- Two guided sea shore foraging walks
- Yoga equipment – mats/blocks/props included
- Equipment and materials required for seashore foraging and cooking
- Wholesome breakfast, nutritious lunch and vegetarian dinner
- Unlimited fruit, tea and coffee
- Unlimited use of the garden and grounds at Plas Cadnant
- Plas Cadnant is extremely comfortable and all rooms are finished to a very high standard. Linen and towels are provided.
- The friendly host service of the team at the retreat throughout your stay