Brand new for 2022 we are back in the Lake District. For one week only, we are taking our award winning yoga and wild swimming retreats to Silverholme, Lake Windermere. On these retreats (4 day long weekend or extended 5 day retreat), you’ll be diving deeply into the Zest Life way of living, discovering amazing wild swimming locations of the Lake District, before relaxing in complete luxury where your every wish will be catered for. The whole retreat will allow you to fully switch off and recharge in the most stunning of locations.
|September 26th-30th||Laura Bell||5 day||Book|
|September 30th-October 3rd||Laura Bell||4 day||Book|
Over the course of the retreat you will experience and enjoy:
- Expert swimming guidance from the fabulous Gilly McArthur in some of the Lake District’s most beautiful wild swimming locations
- Unlimited access to Lake Windermere, diving into the crisp, clear waters, washing away all worries and stress at any time day or night
- Diving deeper into the concept of cold water swimming in your own skin.
- Warming up with herbal teas and wholesome cake post swim, whilst taking in the beauty of your surroundings
- Relaxing in a majestic Georgian manor house with its own lake frontage
- A variety of daily yoga sessions from energising morning practises to relaxing, meditative sessions in the evening
- Healthy, plant based, delicious meals made fresh for you each and every day
- Time to soak up the late summer sun in the beautiful gardens with panoramic views of Lake Windermere
Everyone is welcome, so solo travellers, couples and friends come and join in this all new retreat. Be as active or relaxed as you like living The Zest Life in the Lake District.
“It was all incredible! I hoped I would gain confidence in open water swimming, and feel calmer & more relaxed after the retreat. These goals were fully met and then some. Fabulous weekend!” Lizzy, Leeds (Swim Retreat 2021)
The LocationSilverholme is an eco friendly 5* Georgian Manor house on the shores of Lake Windermere, near the small town of Ambleside. Silverholme resides within the Graythwaite family-run country estate spanning 5,000 acres of the English Lake District. The house surrounded by parkland and and gardens with unparalleled panoramic views and its private access to the lake, you will find it hard not to sit back and relax in the opulence this retreat venue has to offer. This retreat venue will take your breath away.
The AccommodationSilverholme has been exclusively designed to ensure you experience the Lake District at its very best. The magnificent manor house has all the modern luxuries you could ask for but still holds true to its period character. Every room throughout the house has been tastefully appointed. All of the stunning en-suite bedrooms are light and spacious, with distinctive furniture and style and views of the lake or woodland. And with four reception rooms including the grand dining room, quiet library and calm drawing room, there are plenty of peaceful corners that you can find to unwind in.
The Yoga SpaceJust a short stroll across the courtyard from the manor house lies the the Coach house. It has recently undergone a modern renovation using wood from the estate for its warm wooden floors and has surround sound systems in place, ideal for playing music to help you drift off into relaxation. Its high ceilings and full length doors opening out onto the garden, allow the yoga room to be filled with natural light making it a calm and tranquil environment; the perfect space for your yoga and relaxation practise.
The SwimsThe beauty of this location is its lake frontage. You will be able to dip, plunge or swim in Lake Windermere whenever the mood suits you. You will feel invigorated and empowered as you connect back to nature in this stunning body of water surrounded by majestic mountains. This retreat also offers daily guided longer swims with our swim instructors where your every safety will be catered for and as little or as much kit as you need will be provided. Regardless of your swimming ability, you are all very welcome to join in on this retreat. Go to our team to see more about your guides.
The FoodHealthy eating is an integral part of our retreats here at The Zest Life. This invigorating retreat requires a lot of fuel, which we provide with our delicious plant based vegetarian menu. You will be greeted with a warming cup of tea or coffee post swim, then it's time to dive into your wholesome picnic along with a hearty cup of homemade soup. In the evening you will enjoy a divine two course meal. We offer beautiful Yogi herbal teas for you to choose from over the course of the retreat and with three full meals a day, fresh juice and healthy treats in the afternoon you are sure to feel nourished.
Holistic TreatmentsThere will be plenty of time to indulge in a body treatment or two with one on our superb in house therapists. We offer a range of massage treatments, from Indian head and Swedish full body, to Tui Na (a Chinese massage similar to Shiatsu). Our therapists use organic therapeutic oils to ease away your stresses and strains. Each treatment is £60 for 45 minutes. Go to your team for further information on the therapists.
Yoga Teacher – Laura BellLaura is a yoga teacher and founder of The Zest Life. She has a personal and friendly yet professional attitude towards her teaching of vinyasa flow based yoga. A style that has come from her 15 years of Ashtanga practise, focusing on movement with breath and alignment. Her classes with their inspired sequences and calming relaxations are set to rejuvenate the body and focus the chattering mind. She continues to practise yoga at a physical level and through continued meditation she has developed a more spiritual path to her practise, which she now incorporates into her teachings both on and off the mat.
Swim Leader – Gilly McArthurGilly is a STA Level 2 Open Water Swim Coach and her passions lie in the outdoors and encouraging others to find their place in it. Having worked professionally in the outdoor industry for over 20 years, the outdoors is as much her profession as it is her pastime. As a skin swimmer she has competed in winter swimming events across Europe. She is the co-founder of Blue Mind Swim, a free introduction to open water group based in the Lake District and is part of team Wonderful Wild Women. Gilly has written about the joys of cold water swimming and climbing in many publications and media outlets, both in the UK and further afield.
Swim Leader – Jonathan CowieJonathan has a particular love of very cold water and swims all year-round in just trunks, hat and goggles. He is an STA Level 2 Open Water Swimming coach who loves introducing swimmers to the joys of outdoor swimming. From marathon swimming to cold water dipping via swimrun and adventure swimming, Jonathan has a passion for swimming outdoors and promoting the benefits it brings. He has competed in winter swimming competitions around the world, co-founded Blue Mind Men, a men’s cold water swim club to improve mental and physical health, and is the Editor of Outdoor Swimmer magazine.
Silverholme Manor, Graythwaite, Ulverston LA12 8AZ. Our retreat is easily accessible by both train and car.
The nearest station is Windermere with excellent train links to London, taking just over 3 hours from London Euston. Silverholme is situated a short 30 minute taxi ride from the station.
Local taxi firms: Lakes Taxis 015394 46777, Windermere Taxis 015394 44144
- Follow M56 and M6 to A590 in Cumbria.
- Take exit 36 from M6 signposted Barrow/Kendal/Kirby Lonsdale.
- At the first roundabout take 1st exit, following the A590
- Take the A590 ramp to A6 Barrow/Milnthorpe
- Second roundabout take 1st exit, following the A590
- Third roundabout take 2nd exit, following the A590
- Fourth roundabout take 2nd exit, following the A590
- Turn right toward the Colonnade then left onto the Colonnade.
- Silverholme is then signposted on the right hand side.
Price per person (including VAT)
|Room||4 day||5 day|
|Twin room | Shared occupancy||£850||£1090|
|Double room | Shared occupancy||£850||£1090|
|Double room | Single occupancy||£980||£1380|
- Luxury accommodation with en-suite bathroom
- Daily yoga and meditation sessions
- Yoga equipment – mats, blocks and props
- Daily unlimited wild swimming
- Guided wild swim sessions
- Transport to and from activity locations
- Breakfast, lunch and two course evening meal, all vegetarian and plant based
- Unlimited fruit, organic teas, coffee and fruit water
- Linen, towels, shampoo and conditioner
- Wet suit hire and complimentary Zest Life swim cap
- The friendly host service of the retreat team throughout your stay
There are very limited places available, so please book early to avoid disappointment.