We are so excited about running this sell out retreat again for 2021. Bringing together our love of yoga and our new love, stand up paddle boarding. Come and join us for a memorable active retreat, where you will get to experience and enjoy:
- Stand Up Paddle boarding (SUP) on beautiful lakes and coastal shores.
- Breathtaking scenery where you can walk and SUP till your hearts content.
- Warming up with herbal teas and delicious cake after your invigorating time on the water.
- Luxury accommodation in a stunning converted barn.
- Sitting back, relaxing with time for a good book or a heavenly massage.
- Inspiring yoga sessions to ease out the aches of the day.
This retreat weekend is for those of you who wish to escape from busy life and experience a breathtaking part of Wales from the water. Be prepared to have fun and to be inspired, as you learn new skills, immersing your self in our positive, vibrant way of life. This retreat is suitable for beginners to those with moderate experience of SUP.
“This is a retreat for everyone, where no previous experience of yoga or stand up paddling is required. It’s a truly relaxing and fun weekend. We had just the best weekend.”Sophie, Bristol
The LocationOur weekends take place at Plas Cadnant. A stylish, secluded country house on the Isle of Anglesey, nestled in 21 acres of private parkland, which gathers together for your pleasure; stunning views over Snowdon, a meandering river, magical waterfalls, world renowned historic gardens, lazy meadows, mature woodland and a new oak framed building perfect for yoga sessions. Described as “one of the most amazing retreats on the Isle of Anglesey”.
The AccommodationThe Coach house is the largest property on the Plas Cadnant estate, accommodating up to 11 guests on two spacious floors with an impressive upstairs dining /sitting room with large wood burning stove. By night, candles, incense and log fires create the perfect atmosphere for complete relaxation. Its wonderfully comfortable beds, crisp white linen, fresh flowers, views over rolling parkland and piping hot power showers all make up the luxury and style of your weekend at this stunning country house.
The Yoga SpaceStroll through the walled garden, and majestic wooden gates to the purpose built oak framed building completed in 2012. The combination of lovingly hand crafted oak beams, high ceilings and under floor heating, make it the ideal space for yoga and mediation practice. With the peace and tranquility of the surrounding parkland, it is your sanctuary from the outside world.
The Stand Up Paddling
We are spoilt for choice here in North Wales with so many divine beaches and spectacular lakes to play in. We will take you to the most stunning locations, lakes and coastal, where you will be amazed at the natural beauty, the peace and the quiet. The Sup sessions will take place at Llyn Padarn, a spectacular lake at the base of Mt Snowdon. With a backdrop of stunning mountains and a 2 mile length of crystal clear waters and sheltered bays to explore, the location is perfect for all levels of ability. We offer small group tuition with a 1 to 8 instructor to student ratio. Go to our team to read more about Sian, our fabulous SUP teacher.
We are passionate about healthy eating here at The Zest Life and we make it an integral part of our retreats, with an emphasis on wholesome and nourishing plant based meals. Our food is always vegetarian, made without sugar or dairy products, and low in wheat and gluten where required. We offer beautiful Pukka herbal teas for you to choose from over the course of the weekend and with three full meals a day, fruit and healthy treats in the afternoon you are sure to feel nourished.
Holistic TreatmentsIndulge in a body treatment with one on our expertly trained in house therapists. We offer a range of massage treatments, using organic therapeutic oils to ease away your stresses and strains. £50 for forty minute treatment. Go to our team for further information on the therapists.
Yoga Teacher – Kate Hamilton-HunterExperiencing one of Kate’s yoga classes is a perfect opportunity to find the balance that you need in life. Kate Hamilton-Hunter has been teaching since 2013. She began studying Hatha yoga and then trained in Dru Yoga, which is a more flowing style of yoga. Kate responds to the different needs of the group and accommodates all levels of yoga experience in her classes. Kate’s morning classes are more dynamic and energising, setting you up for the days activity. The evening classes will have a more restorative focus, with time for meditation, setting intentions and long nurturing relaxations. You will feel restored and revitalised from this retreats yoga sessions.
Yoga Teacher – Claire RileyFor Claire yoga has been a lifelong passion. She has been practising for more than 40 years and has studied with many inspiring teachers in many different styles. She qualified to teach at Camyoga in Cambridge in 2015. Her regular style of yoga is Hatha Flow. Each of her classes are carefully sequenced to safely align, stretch and strengthen the entire body on a physical level and to release tensions, emotional blockages and encourage the flow of energy on a subtle level. Expect a fairly intense experience but you are never pushed beyond your own limits. She gives modifications and progressions as required to suit your individual needs.
Plas Cadnant, Cadnant Rd, Menai Bridge, Gwynedd, LL59 5NH. Our retreat is easily accessible by both train and car.
The nearest station is Bangor with direct train links to London, taking just 3 hours from London Euston. Plas Cadnant is situated a short 5 min taxi ride from the station. Local taxi firms: 01248 353535 01248 364661
Recommended train times: Leaving London Euston [EUS] Friday 13.10 Arriving Bangor [BNG] 16.48 Leaving Bangor [BNG] Monday 12.00 Arriving London Euston [EUS] 15.39
From A55 Expressway Mainland
- Cross over the Britannia Bridge and take the first slip road, immediately after crossing bridge.
- Turn right at T junction (A4080) taking you back under the expressway towards Menai Bridge and Beaumaris.
- At the roundabout go straight across (2nd exit) and downhill into the centre of Menai Bridge.
- Turn left at the main road towards Beaumaris (A545), through Menai Bridge town until you see a new road bridge ahead.
- Turn left at the lay-by (with white lines on it) just before the bridge and Plas Cadnant Estate entrance is 50m on the left.
When you arrive at Plas Cadnant , make your way up the long leafy drive to the central graveled courtyard. The Coach House is the first big house on the left. There is plenty of parking.
Price per person & Booking
£510 Twin room | Shared Occupancy
£550 Single room | Single occupancy
£510 Double room | Shared occupancy
£650 Double room | Single occupancy
- Two nights luxury accommodation with shared bathroom
- Four yoga and meditation sessions
- Yoga equipment – mats/blocks/props
- Daily guided SUP sessions
- SUP equipment – board/paddle/leash/wet suit/buoyancy aid
- Guided walks to the chosen SUP location
- Wholesome and vegetarian – breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Unlimited fruit, teas, coffee and fruit water.
- Unlimited access to the 21 acres of stunning garden and grounds at Plas Cadnant with its river and plunge pool.
- The friendly host service of the team at the retreat throughout your stay.
- Plas Cadnant is extremely comfortable and all rooms are finished to a very high standard. Linen, towels and toiletries are provided.
Extra SUP Tuition
For those of you who have more experience with SUP and would like a more bespoke retreat, why not try a mini guided SUP tour. Your instructor will take you on a two hour journey, covering a further distance, you will see more of the lake or coastal location and you will learn more advanced SUP skills.
£55pp based on 4 in a group or £110 per person based on 2.
Please email us directly if you would like to book onto a mini guided SUP tour.
|May 14-16th||Kate Hamilton-Hunter||Book|
|May 21-23rd||Claire Riley||Book|