Personally we cannot think of a more perfect combination than Yoga and Wild swimming. One of our philosophies is “be inspired by the beauty of nature”. What better way to connect with nature than to be in it. We have been swimming wild in Wales for years, and we love sharing our favourite swim locations, both sea and lakes, with you on our luxury yoga retreats.
|Sept 2nd-4th||Leo Oppenheim||Book|
Over the course of the retreat you will experience and enjoy:
- Inspiring yoga and breath work sessions from the phenomenal Leo Oppenheim from BLOK studios.
- Expert swim guidance to some of north Wales’ most beautiful wild swimming locations.
- Diving into crisp, clear waters, washing away all worries and stress.
- Warming up with a cuppa and wholesome cake, whilst listening to waves lapping against the shore.
- Healthy, detoxing, delicious plant based meals each and every day.
- Soaking up the late summer sun in the beautiful gardens, whilst relaxing with a good book.
Our yoga and swim retreats are always a sell out, so come and experience this magical retreat for yourself.
“My favourite part was to get in to the freezing water and later to experience the pleasant feeling putting on the robe and having a warm soup. The whole retreat experience was truly unique and memorable. ” Jane, Glasgow
The LocationOur retreats take place at Plas Cadnant. A stylish, secluded country house on the Isle of Anglesey, nestled in 21 acres of private parkland, which gathers together for your pleasure; stunning views over Snowdon, a meandering river, magical waterfalls, world renowned historic gardens, lazy meadows, mature woodland and a new oak framed building perfect for yoga sessions. Described as “one of the most amazing retreats on the Isle of Anglesey”.
The AccommodationThe Coach house is the largest property on the Plas Cadnant estate, accommodating up to 11 guests on two spacious floors with an impressive upstairs dining /sitting room with large wood burning stove. By night, candles, incense and log fires create the perfect atmosphere for complete relaxation. Its wonderfully comfortable beds, crisp white linen, fresh flowers, views over rolling parkland and piping hot power showers all make up the luxury and style of your retreat at this stunning country house.
The Yoga SpaceStroll through the walled garden, and majestic wooden gates to the purpose built oak framed building completed in 2012. The combination of lovingly hand crafted oak beams, high ceilings and under floor heating, make it the ideal space for yoga and mediation practice. With the peace and tranquility of the surrounding parkland, it is your sanctuary from the outside world.
We tailor the swims to the groups’ requirements. So depending on how everyone’s feeling and what you fancy getting up to, depends on where we go. It could be anything from breathtaking coastal swims, to floating about in lakes cradled by majestic mountains, to taking an active dip in some of the most stunning waterfalls Wales has to offer. Either way, you will feel invigorated and empowered as you connect back to nature. Your every safety will be catered for and we can provide as little or as much kit as you need. This retreat is suitable for all levels of swimming ability. Go to your team to see more about your guides.
Yoga Teacher – Leo OppenheimLeo is a multi-discipline instructor specialising in balance and core stability. He incorporates a variety of techniques to harness the full power of your breathing and increase strength, conditioning, and focus. His yoga practise is so diverse but yang and restorative are key to Leo's teaching. Learn how to move freely with fluidity and purpose. Head trainer at BLOK studio Manchester, he holds space beautifully, with the power to make a whole room feel held and safe. We’re all so lucky to have him on our team and we can’t wait to enjoy his teachings in September.
The FoodHealthy eating is an integral part of our retreats here at The Zest Life. This invigorating retreat requires a lot of fuel, which we provide with our delicious plant based vegetarian menu. You will be greeted with wholesome flapjacks and tea post swim, then it's back to the house for warming lunches of soups and dips, and a divine two course meal in the evening. Pukka and fresh herbal teas are a plenty, along with a selection of fresh fruit and healthy cakes. We try to avoid sugar, dairy, wheat and gluten where possible and we can cater for any specific dietary requirements.
Holistic TreatmentsThere will be plenty of time to indulge in a body treatment or two with one on our superb in house therapists. We offer a range of massage treatments, using organic therapeutic oils to ease away your stresses and strains. £60 for 45 minute treatment. Go to our team for further information on the therapists.
Plas Cadnant, Cadnant Rd, Menai Bridge, Gwynedd, LL59 5NH. Our retreat is easily accessible by both train and car.
The nearest station is Bangor with direct train links to London, taking just 3 hours from London Euston. Plas Cadnant is situated a short 5 min taxi ride from the station. Local taxi firms: 01248 353535 / 01248 364661
From A55 Expressway Mainland
- Cross over the Britannia Bridge and take the first slip road, immediately after crossing bridge.
- Turn right at T junction (A4080) taking you back under the expressway towards Menai Bridge and Beaumaris.
- At the roundabout go straight across (2nd exit) and downhill into the centre of Menai Bridge.
- Turn left at the main road towards Beaumaris (A545), through Menai Bridge town until you see a new road bridge ahead.
- Turn left at the lay-by (with white lines on it) just before the bridge and Plas Cadnant Estate entrance is 50m on the left. The sat nav will take you to this point.
- When you arrive at Plas Cadnant , make your way up the long leafy drive always bearing left to the central graveled courtyard. The Coach House is the first big house on the left. There is plenty of parking.
Price per person (including VAT) & Booking
|Twin room | Shared occupancy||£588.00|
|Single room | Single occupancy||£630.00|
|Double room | Shared occupancy||£588.00|
|Double room | Single occupancy||£744.00|
- Luxury accommodation with shared bathroom
- Daily yoga and meditation sessions
- Yoga equipment – mats/blocks/props
- Two guided wild swims
- Two guided walks to the chosen swim location
- Wholesome breakfast, nutritious lunch and vegetarian dinner.
- Unlimited fruit, tea, coffee and fruit water
- Unlimited access to the 21 acres of stunning garden and grounds at Plas Cadnant with its river and plunge pool.
- The friendly host service of the team at the retreat throughout your stay
- Wet suit hire
- Free Zest Life swim cap
- Plas Cadnant is extremely comfortable and all rooms are finished to a very high standard. Linen and towels are provided.
This retreat is very popular so please book early to avoid disappointment. We guarantee you will not regret it.