raw cashew blueberry cheesecake
This dessert is a feast for the eyes. I love the contrast in colour and the more fruit you add the more intense the rich purple colour becomes. It is a wonderful way to surprise people with a lovely dessert that is raw, vegan, dairy free, wheat free and the only sweetness is a little bit of honey. Everyone on our retreats asks for this recipe and I am certain your friends and family will de doing the same.
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup soft medjool dates
1/4 tsp sea salt
3 cups cashews soaked in boiling water overnight
juice of 4 lemons
the seeds of 2 whole vanilla bean (or 2 tsp of vanilla extract)
2/3 cup raw coconut oil, melted
2/3 cup honey
1 cup blueberries
1. Blitz the almonds, medjool dates and salt in a food processor, until you have a breadcrumb consistency.
2. Scoop out the mixture and press firmly into a loose bottom 7″ flan tin. Making sure you press right into the edges.
3. Warm the coconut oil and honey in a small saucepan on a low heat until liquid. Gently stir up to combine.
4. Back in your food processor, blend on a high setting the drained cashews, lemon juice, vanilla bean seeds, oil and honey mix until you end up with a smooth, velvet, cream consistency. This could take a few minutes so be patient!
5. Pour half of the filling over your nut base, spread with a spatula. Then add the blueberries to the remainder of the filling, blitz again.
6. Pour your now brilliant purple coloured filling over the first layer and put the whole thing in the fridge.
7. Cut a slice and serve sprinkled with fresh blueberries or fruit of your choice. Pomegranates work a treat too. It will keep for 2/3 days in the fridge.