Vegan Mint + Chocolate No Bake Slice
This dessert is a mixture between an Aero and and After Eight, but it’s vegan and refined sugar free! It makes a lovely light finish to an evening meal. I like to cut into small squares and serve with coffee after dinner. But on retreat it was the main desert and cut into larger slices for an indulgent chocolate treat.
For the base
3/4 cup / 107g raw cashew nuts
3/4 cup / 70g unsweetened desiccated coconut
3 tbsp / 21g cocoa powder
1/8 tsp fine sea salt
3 tbsp / 45ml / 42g coconut oil, softened
3 tbsp / 45ml / 60g maple syrup
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the mint filling
1 cup / 143g raw cashew nuts
8 tsp / 40ml / 30g coconut cream
1/4 cup / 60ml / 54g coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp / 12g unsweetened desiccated coconut
2 tbsp / 30ml / 40g maple syrup
5-15 drops pure peppermint oil (see Note 1)
1/3 cup / 12g baby spinach leaves, for green color
For the topping
3.5oz / 100g dark chocolate
8 tsp / 40ml / 38g coconut oil
1. Place the cashew nuts for the mint filling in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to soak for 1 hour (see Note 2).
2. While the cashew nuts are soaking, prepare the base by blending the cashew nuts for the base and the desiccated coconut in a blender until the mixture starts to clump together. Tip the mixture into a bowl add the remaining base ingredients. Stir until well combined (see Note 3).
3. Line a 10 x 20 cm / 4 x 8 inch loaf tin with baking paper (see Note 4). Tip the base mixture into the tin, pressing it out evenly with the back of a spoon. Set aside in the freezer to chill.
4. Once the cashew nuts have finished soaking, drain them and place in a blender or food processor with the remaining mint filling ingredients. Blend until smooth. Taste and add more peppermint if desired.
5. Tip the mint filling onto the base and smooth it out evenly with the back of a spoon. Return to the freezer to chill.
6. Make the topping by melting the chocolate in the microwave or using a double boiler. Stir in the coconut oil until you get a smooth mixture. Pour the mixture over the mint filling, using the back of a spoon to ensure that it’s evenly covering the slice. Chill in the freezer for 1 hour or until the mint filling is firm and the chocolate topping is set.
7. Once firm, cut into pieces. You can let the slice sit at room temperature for 10 minutes to soften slightly before cutting.
This recipe was provided by Real Food Healthy Body: